fire ground operation ch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbarri2005

i am new to the trunk operations . i just got a new pro 2055 . i got it programed but i have been trying to get the fire ground opps channels for cumberland co pa , but no luck. can anyone help

jon_k

I would like to suggest if at all possible to read the forum descriptions prior to posting. (I'm no moderator but I'm all for posts not showing up in the wrong forum cluttering my ability to find the good info!) You would likely get better responses if this was posted in the appropriate regional forum.

This forum states (copied from the main forum page.)

General Scanning Forum (5 Viewing)
General forum for the discussion of radio communications related information, including discussion regarding scanners and radio receivers. Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below.

Posting to the correct forum will increase the opportunity of those to see your post (who are most able to help you.) On the other hand posting in the wrong forum will result in the wrong people reading your posts. You will just manage to clutter the forum with an off-topic post, and you will likely not get any helpful replies (perhaps replies like this one!)

You seem new to these forums, so good luck with the scanning hobby! See you around.

Last edited:

af5rn

Actually, I'm not even sure if he is asking a frequency question or a programming question.

Maybe this should be in the Radio Shack forum?

jon_k

af5rn said:
Actually, I'm not even sure if he is asking a frequency question or a programming question.

Maybe this should be in the Radio Shack forum?

Fairly certain he wants some locale-specific frequencies.
i got it programed but i have been trying to get the fire ground opps channels for cumberland co pa , but no luck. can anyone help

He says "i got it programmed" but no luck in "fire ground opps [sic] channels".

Second poster did actually point him to the resource in the DB for this though, so he should be well on his way to scanner nirvana by now.:D

Last edited:

af5rn

That's what I would have assumed too, but then I noticed that he's been a member here for at least six months, so I can't imagine that he didn't know about the database, lol. I always figured that the database is exactly what brought most people here in the first place, since it is promoted right in the Uniden (and probably others) owners manual.

jon_k

af5rn said:
That's what I would have assumed too, but then I noticed that he's been a member here for at least six months, so I can't imagine that he didn't know about the database, lol. I always figured that the database is exactly what brought most people here in the first place, since it is promoted right in the Uniden (and probably others) owners manual.

A friend of mine pointed me here (found it in the Uniden manual too. One of the few links still working.) And indeed, I came here for the database and registered in the forum later.

However, I've seen several posters here unaware of the database. (Which is strange. How do you figure they clicked on a small link that says Forum when the database is the first item featured on the home page?) Whatever the cause behind this, I've found several people jump into the forums first, unaware of the other parts of the website.

N8IAA

mrbarri2005 said:
i am new to the trunk operations . i just got a new pro 2055 . i got it programed but i have been trying to get the fire ground opps channels for cumberland co pa , but no luck. can anyone help

You are SOL. Your county is on OpenSky like the state is. Even a digital scanner won't decode that system. Program in the lo-band, hi-band, and uhf frequencies and use a gain antenna(magmount on a file cabinet, refrigerator, etc.) to bring in the signal.
Sorry,
Larry

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
For now, you can listen to only Fire_1 (simulcast of dispatch and initial response). The only time you will hear anything on the OPS talkgroups is when an out-of-county unit is involved. Cumberland will set up a patch from the OPS_2 or OPS_3 TG to Mutual Aid 2 (46.00 with a PL of 88.5) or Mutual Aid 3 (46.22 with a PL of 85.4).

Otherwise, as N8IAA as stated, you are SOL. There are no other Ops groups simulcast, and I reiterate the above patches are only when other counties are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.