Fire Investigator vs. Fire Marshall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Talked to the Fire Investgator in question today and he said they are NOT authorized to run red lights, hence the blue that I saw since he is a firefighter in a neighboring mutual aid department. He said Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators are authorized to run red, but not the FI's.

I also wanted to thank the others for all the posts. I learned alot about the similarities and differences, especially in FDNY vs other jurisdictions.

NCFM80

Fire Investigator vs. Fire Marshal... Reply to Thread

Now in Nassau County, while they are called Fire Marshals you are hired under the civil service title of Fire Inspector. Nassau also has certified...

While this statement was once true, for a few years now Nassau County Fire Marshals are hired under the civil service title of Fire Marshal Trainee, then to Fire Marshal I upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period. Thereafter, through promotional examinations one can move to Fire Marshal II, Fire Marshal III, Assistant Chief Fire Marshal, Chief Fire Marshal (who also serves as Fire Coordinator).

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
First post in 2 years of being here is to bump a 1.5 year old thread with info that doesn't even pertain to the original question. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.