BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Fire- Tac Channels RFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker1998

Hi Folks

I have been Listening to Regina Fire for many if years lately it's been on my BCD436hp all going good till about a month ago when it stop receiving the Fire Tac channels ie "FIRE2-15 " i can hear the dispatch but no fire ground communications.i have the all service types active on the scanner and have deleted scanner all off and loaded in just fire off ther RR data base hell i even programed the scanner manually with dispatch, FIRE-2 and FIRE-3 the most common tac channels Can someone please help me figure this out thanks

Beaker

BC_Scan

As they are on a trunked system anything can happen, it could be that there was some re=programming done, to reflect actual simplex comms not repeated, shy of being at fire scene and trying to close call capture the action, you could always attend and open house which typically occurs once a year and ask the chief if there have been some changes made recently, as to why you only hear one side, they could be deploying a on site repeater linked in to the normal tac channels via simplex, you have to program in the simplex tac 866.275, if you also note on Tafl, RFD has 861.2625 & 861.5125 possibly as simplex tac,
the last possibility that comes to mind is if you have made some changes to the programming of the scanner recently , maybe you need to look at that ?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Why are they using 866 and 861 channels.
Those should have been vacated years ago after the rebanding.
Nothing above 860 should be in use.

Jewison

It sound like they are moved to the phase 2 part of the system upgrade. You will need a phase 2 scanner to hear them. I also read they planned to go fully encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.