Fire tone-outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

banditt2344

I attached a picture. Would the frequency listed for Round Rock be the same that I would enter into the scanner when I go to tone-out setup and edit frequency? I know to always "FM". Also how do you find out the Tone A and Tone B information to enter in? I have a BCD536HP on pre-order and haven't scanned for a few years. I would like to learn as much as I can before it gets here.

Attachments

• tone.jpg
    tone.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 224

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortuntely we don't have any FTO information for Williamson County in our wiki (which is where we store this). So you will need to discover them yourself, if someone doesn't tell you what they are

While this article is geared toward the DMA scanners, most of this will still be applicable. Perhaps the most important parts would be toward the end, which gives some information on software (much of it free) that you can use to find them. It's important to emphasize that ANY scanner or receiver can be used to discover FTO data - only the Unidens are set up to actually use it. Also note that no modifications to your scanner would be required. Just an audio cable to your PC and some software.

Fire Tone Out - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.