• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Firefighter/EMR response car

Status
Not open for further replies.

5stormchasers

This thread is for my pov. I am a certified Level 2 firefighter as well as a certified First Responder. Changing vehicles from my 2006 Tacoma to either an 08 Nissan Altima or an 08 Chevy Impala. I wanted to start this thread to get some input first. I am open for ideas, comments, and criticisms. I have a SoundOff NForce dual dash light red/white, 2 Whelen Ions in red, a Vertex Standard VHF mobile radio with antenna, and a red rear deck bar for traffic direction. I am going to be purchasing some Feniex Cannon hideaway leds split red/white, and 2 NightHawk red/white running board lights. I chose the Cannons over the Whelen Vertexes because the Cannons can double as a reverse light. I would like to wire all my lights to a single control head......the Feniex 4200 mini, which I have attached a pic of. Have any of you guys ever used the 4200 mini? If so did you like it?

Attachments

• Feniex-4200-Mini-Controller_2_3-1.jpg
    Feniex-4200-Mini-Controller_2_3-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,360

OhSixTJ

I’ve used the 4200 to active LED spot/work lights. Love it. I also like the wig-wag patterns it has but I’ve never used them “on the streets”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5stormchasers

Awesome. I like how everything can wire directly to the control head also the buttons can be programmed for lots of different things. I doubt I will use the wig-wag function. I will more than likely just have them all for powering the lights. I will select the patterns on the lights and leave them.

5stormchasers

We have FF1 and FF2. I've taken both. Very good info in those classes.
And yes we are allowed to have white to the rear. Most response vehicles have some sort of hideaway strobes or white led kits in the rear.

K9EMD

Premium Subscriber
I have the 4200 mini,it is a nice little controller I liked my Whelen PCC8R as it gave me 8 buttons for accessories and was controlled by dip switches for momentary actions or press on/off, plus each lead was individually fused. I am in the process of re configuring my layout for lights and what comes on with which button.

Status
Not open for further replies.