AR-DV10 Firmware 1810A - Serious Problems Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtndog4

Butel ARC DV10 PRO

Reading Banks (download) banks 0-8 worked very well yet could not write a single bank (uplosd)

woodpecker

Reading Banks (download) banks 0-8 worked very well yet could not write a single bank (uplosd)

Troll elsewhere fella, another new account writing nonsense.

There is no Butel software for the DV10, see the note on their webpage which reads:-

"AOR DV10: at this momemt there are no plans to develop software for DV10 because this seems to have very low priority at AOR. We suggest to look at alternatives from Uniden or Icom R30."

BuTel software: THE Radio Scanner Software for Uniden / Radioshack / Icom / AOR / GRE

c0ne

Troll elsewhere fella, another new account writing nonsense.

There is no Butel software for the DV10, see the note on their webpage which reads:-

"AOR DV10: at this momemt there are no plans to develop software for DV10 because this seems to have very low priority at AOR. We suggest to look at alternatives from Uniden or Icom R30."

BuTel software: THE Radio Scanner Software for Uniden / Radioshack / Icom / AOR / GRE

Butel is skilled enough to know that the remote control is a broken mess, and for that reason they don't make software for it. That's what clever developers do.. nice troll attempt anyways.

TSCM software FFT receiver AOR AR2000 SR2200 Alpha AR-ALPHA AR5001D AR2300 AR2600 AR5000 AR8200 AR8600 SR2000 SR2000A AR6000 products programming software download spectrum monitoring

woodpecker

Butel is skilled enough to know that the remote control is a broken mess, and for that reason they don't make software for it. That's what clever developers do.. nice troll attempt anyways.

TSCM software FFT receiver AOR AR2000 SR2200 Alpha AR-ALPHA AR5001D AR2300 AR2600 AR5000 AR8200 AR8600 SR2000 SR2000A AR6000 products programming software download spectrum monitoring

Marlbrook was also skilled enough to realise it was pointless, the only attempt at software was by AOR and their associates.

mtndog4

Butel ARC DV1 PRO reading a DV10

Opps it's should said " Butel ARC DV1 PRO works to read AOR DV10
so files can be transferred to the AOR DV1 receiver

akraut

Please correct me if I'm way off base as I'm sorta noob-y in the fancy receiver dept... I don't have a bunch of fancy test equipment, but if I get an IQ I know how to twist it around in SDR#. Shouldn't I be able to tune in a standard FM Radio station? I'm in downtown SF and I get nothing but static on every one I've tried.

mtndog4

Please correct me if I'm way off base as I'm sorta noob-y in the fancy receiver dept... I don't have a bunch of fancy test equipment, but if I get an IQ I know how to twist it around in SDR#. Shouldn't I be able to tune in a standard FM Radio station? I'm in downtown SF and I get nothing but static on every one I've tried.

Set it too FM mode and IF Bandwidth ( IFBW ) 100k

mtndog4

ARC DV1 Software

Most of the ARC DV1 Software virtual control works on the AOR DV10

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
External control

I worked on both Receivers, programming wise.

The DV10 does share 'some' of the same Codes as the DV1, but many are different.

Of those that are shared, several lock the radio if used, and power has to be removed before it will operate again.

Not a viable solution.

woodpecker

Basic remote control just about works, you can set frequency, mode, bandwidth but if you try and do anything that writes to memory like programming memory channels, writing a frequency to search pass it will either corrupt the radio so it needs a full reset or lock it solid requiring battery removal.

woodpecker

The DV10 is never on frequency, its a drifting botched mess.

It takes around 1 hour for the cpu temp to get any where near stable, they continually adjust the pll_ref and offset against the cpu temp, its the worst piece of RF engineering I've EVER seen.

They monitor the RX63 cpu temp in 0.1 deg C steps, using some basic algorithm (which is wrong) they jump the reference frequency around continually in steps, if you listen to a carrier in SSB mode your can hear the tone warble as they step the reference oscillator around trying to keep it somewhere near the correct frequency.

The DV10 needs a stable TCXO, no firmware can fix the mess.

c0ne

My AOR DV10 is 800Hz off frequency after 4 hours 452Mhz

It's bad. The conclusion is that's this could NOT be fixed with firmware, at least not by AOR... We are dealing with a company/culture that doesn't wants to take responsibility for the mess up.

mrkelso

1. Remove the battery, wait for one minute, reinsert it and after bootup, try to redo the firmware update, followed by a system reset.
2. If that did not fix the problem, or if the keys don't respond, please use the PC update support tool. This procedure will just take you a minute.
Finally do a system reset.

Don’t hesitate to contact us again if needed.

We sincerely hope that with the new features you will enjoy even more to monitor digital signals with the AR-DV10.

Regards,

LOL

woodpecker

We sincerely hope that with the new features you will enjoy even more to monitor digital signals with the AR-DV10.

LOL

The main "feature" it needs is some stability in the oscillator but they can't fix that without changing the hardware.

c0ne

1. Remove the battery, wait for one minute, reinsert it and after bootup, try to redo the firmware update, followed by a system reset.
2. If that did not fix the problem, or if the keys don't respond, please use the PC update support tool. This procedure will just take you a minute.
Finally do a system reset.

Don’t hesitate to contact us again if needed.

Regards,

LOL

How can you enjoy digital signals when it sounds so poor? Its a decent analoge reciever but verry buggy. Definitely not what you expect from the self claimed leaders in digital receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.