Firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrl44430

I am still not able to update the firmware in the 996P2. Is it because I am using Vista?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Are you using the front port? If the 996P2 is like the other 996 models, firmware updates MUST be done using the front, not the back, port

PLEASE give more information when asking questions like this. It's much too vague. Error messages are a big first step. Otherwise we're all shooting in the dark...Mike

jrl44430

I asked before and UPMan said it could be a firewall issue. I have updated the 396 and 996XT with no issues. Here is the error I get when trying to run the updater. Internet access failed the remote sever returned an error 227 entering passive mode (69,15,51,147,8,122). This is for the DMR update for the 996P2.

captncarp

Firmware Update

I see nothing has changed. I will not buy another Uniden until I get a electronic engineering and a computer engineering degree so I can get there updates installed and to work. My course in the USN electronics school was enough to handle 50 receive radios but not a Uniden which we didn't have any of......I wonder why?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I see nothing has changed. I will not buy another Uniden until I get a electronic engineering and a computer engineering degree so I can get there updates installed and to work. My course in the USN electronics school was enough to handle 50 receive radios but not a Uniden which we didn't have any of......I wonder why?

Odd as it has never been a problem for me.

captncarp

Firmware updates

Well I guess you will not buy a Whistler either. My Unidens connect better than my Whistlers (you have to wait 30 to 60 seconds) for the Whistler USB port to see the scanner.

I have updated a lot of GRE and Whistler scanners easily and quickly.
The latest was a TRX-1 and 2 with the NXDN update. Smooth and fast enough for me.

jrl44430

Thanks for everyone who tried to help. I finally got it to load with my wife's computer.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
So it is something about the antivirus or firewall setup on your computer blocking ftp access.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
capt I own over $7000.00 in GRE built RS 18 668 Whistler trx-1 and trx-2 uniden 785D 996P2's 536's and 436 plus my other gre built RS p25 scanners I am not a fan boy of brands just a fan of scanners. I know the plus and minus of each scanner I own and accept each for those reasons listed.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
FYI, for others who might have this issue.

I just ran into the issue at work and Kaspersky Endpoint Security was the culprit. I temporarily disabled it long enough to update successfully. Don't forget to re-enable after your updates though!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
According to a Google result:
In Kaspersky, disable monitoring on port 21 in "General Settings - > Monitoring"

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Never had a problem with many Uniden firmware updates, easy enough just by following directions.

jrl44430

I finally found what was blocking the updater file on my computer. If was McAfee proxy service. I used MSConfig to find the start up services and turned things off until the file would load.

Status
Not open for further replies.