Firmware upgrade problem on BCD396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWestin

Did you upgrade your ARC396 to version 3.1.x at the same time? All the ARC programs (except ARC XT I think) no longer can see the scanner after this update. Try reinstalling your older version, it should work, but can't connect to the new version of Radio Reference (SOAP interface). Butel (Gommert) is on vacation until the middle of August. My ARC330 PRO and ARC396 PRO have/had this problem. I went back to the previous versions and they work again.

Mark

bionicworm1

I put a Band Aid on it

Mark,

Thanks to your quick thinking I was able to find an equal medium (for now). I have 2 computers that I use on this system I built. Once their programs were upgraded along with the firmware I think they thought they were better than the scanner and stopped talking to it! If I rolled back the computer software then I could not get on Radio Reference (and I would not have any part of that).

So here's where the Band Aid comes in. I took my bright shiney new software and downloaded just about any groups from Radio Reference that I thought I may be able to use in the future. Loaded up a big file on each computer and removed the upgraded software, reinstalling the old program on each computer.

Now my computers talk to the scanner and I have my own reference library of files to choose from, should the need arise, untill the software is working from both ends.

Only problem I'm finding is I'm unable to stop Custom Scans from popping in on a few spots. I'm not sure yet if it's a quirk of what I've done, or if I have it on and don't know it. Very annoying.

73 &
Thanks Again,

Mike Rapp - KA2FBL
KA2FBL & K3CWR'S Amateur Radio Site

Status
Not open for further replies.