Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
not really sure i know the ones not working are p25 digital but thing is some still work under the trunked system....in the pic. with municipal police high lighted the only one that works now is the one that says point to point is ony one that works there but in the other pic. they all work and look to be the same so i cant figure out why

Tony,

ALL LAW channels are now Encrypted on Slater. Probably nothing wrong with your scanner.

St Charles site is still in the clear.
And some county precincts are still in the clear as is fire.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
See the last several posts in the thread link below for the info on everyone going encrypted on Slater which is what the OP is wanting to hear.

It's not going to happen now except for the very few that have now yet switched.

http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...nty-st-charles-county-jefferson-county-5.html

The TGs the OP says are no longer working have indeed switched to full time encryption.
The scanner will still occasionally stop on an encrypted TG but not for long.

Point to Point carries a lot of analog patches so not sure if it will ever be encrypted. And the actual STL County precincts in the OPs 2nd screen shot had not switched to ENC mode the last time I checked a day or two ago.

Last edited:

tonyb48

Tony,

ALL LAW channels are now Encrypted on Slater. Probably nothing wrong with your scanner.

St Charles site is still in the clear.
And some county precincts are still in the clear as is fire.

they must of just changed over in the last couple weeks cause i know for a fact i was getting them fine about 1 1/2 week ago right about the time the firmware update happen that why i thought that was what caused it :( . st. louis county channels still work for now and medics but for how long ..i guess there no way my scanner can get them back ?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
they must of just changed over in the last couple weeks cause i know for a fact i was getting them fine about 1 1/2 week ago right about the time the firmware update happen that why i thought that was what caused it :( . st. louis county channels still work for now and medics but for how long ..i guess there no way my scanner can get them back ?

They started switching over to ENC mode last month on about 8/16. A few Muni's at a time.

Even College PD are now encrypted.

STL County PD is still in the clear and it is rumored that Fire will remain in the clear.
It's probably just a matter of days before the county precincts switch.

And no, you cannot get them back unless you become a police officer carrying a radio with the proper keys loaded. And then you would likely only hear the agency you work for.
I think just trying to circumvent encryption is a federal offense today.

Jefferson County went encrypted from the second they moved to Slater!

Start reading the thread I linked earlier from the post in the link below. That is when the rumors about Slater started appearing.
Had I known you were talking about loosing Slater reception with the 1.11.17 FW update, I'd have known the FW update was not the cause of your problem!

Read the link below and all posts made after its date for further info.

http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...es-county-jefferson-county-5.html#post2624235

As agencies across the country move to P25 systems, I feel it is only a matter of time before they also go encrypted. That seems to be the trend these days unfortunately.
I've been monitoring for about 50 years now and will truly miss my favorite part of the radio hobby but I also understand the need for officer safety.
I do wish they would have left dispatch open as all muni's and county precincts have one or more encrypted TGs they can and did use when needed.
I could not count how many times I've helped by seeing and reporting say a stolen vehicle they announced over the air that they are looking for.
That is the kind of stuff the eyes and ears of the public will no longer be able to help with as we will no longer know about it. Sure, the news will report on major incidents well after they occurred but when an incident occurs where time is of the essence, the public will no longer be of any help to the PD.

tonyb48

They started switching over to ENC mode last month on about 8/16. A few Muni's at a time.

Even College PD are now encrypted.

STL County PD is still in the clear and it is rumored that Fire will remain in the clear.
It's probably just a matter of days before the county precincts switch.

And no, you cannot get them back unless you become a police officer carrying a radio with the proper keys loaded. And then you would likely only hear the agency you work for.
I think just trying to circumvent encryption is a federal offense today.

Jefferson County went encrypted from the second they moved to Slater!

Start reading the thread I linked earlier from the post in the link below. That is when the rumors about Slater started appearing.
Had I known you were talking about loosing Slater reception with the 1.11.17 FW update, I'd have known the FW update was not the cause of your problem!

Read the link below and all posts made after its date for further info.

http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...es-county-jefferson-county-5.html#post2624235

As agencies across the country move to P25 systems, I feel it is only a matter of time before they also go encrypted. That seems to be the trend these days unfortunately.
I've been monitoring for about 50 years now and will truly miss my favorite part of the radio hobby but I also understand the need for officer safety.
I do wish they would have left dispatch open as all muni's and county precincts have one or more encrypted TGs they can and did use when needed.
I could not count how many times I've helped by seeing and reporting say a stolen vehicle they announced over the air that they are looking for.
That is the kind of stuff the eyes and ears of the public will no longer be able to help with as we will no longer know about it. Sure, the news will report on major incidents well after they occurred but when an incident occurs where time is of the essence, the public will no longer be of any help to the PD.

thats what i thought thanks for the reply . just wish they would of left everyday stuff open for us and encrypt detectives and special circumstances ... but i understand they need security :(

Status
Not open for further replies.