Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyb48

ever since the latest firmware update 1.11.17 some of my trunked frequencies quit working but work fine before ...does anyone have a copy of the old firmware 1.06.10 i think it was to install on my scanner?

SCPD

QRT
I just checked my firmware version on my BCD536HP and it also shows firmware version 1.11.17, but I haven't noticed any issues with my trunked frequencies. I'll double check and if I do notice the issues as you then I will come back here and state my case.....

bama9999

I've been using version 1.11.17 with no issues. Could it be that something has changed on the system itself, and not your scanner? Do you have another radio that you can monitor the same systems on?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Version 1.11.17 was first released with a Date stamp of 08/19/2016 but I think it was released as another Beta or release candidate after the last "Official Release" which I think was 1.11.15. There was also a 1.11.16 but I don't recall if that was an official release or a release candidate.

I downgraded my FW to 1.11.15 official release just now and then let Sentinel check for a new FW version. Sure enough, it downloaded 1.11.17 again but this time 1.11.17 has a Date stamp of 09/01/2016 so it is newer than the original 1.11.17 release but several different types of file compares show the two versions with different dates do match bit for bit.

So it appears 1.11.17 has been marked as an Official Release on or after 09/01/2016 otherwise Sentinel would not have downloaded it as a new version tonight.
Sentinel will not download newer versions than what is in the radio if they are marked as Beta or Release Candidate versions.

I don't know if this was mentioned by UPMan in any of the x36HP threads started by him but if so, I missed it.

edit: Same applies to the 436HP which now has an official 1.11.17 release with the newer date stamped version on 09/01/16.

Last edited:

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
No problems on my 436 & 536 with the 1.11.17 release either. I downloaded them each time they came out on beta.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
ever since the latest firmware update 1.11.17 some of my trunked frequencies quit working but work fine before ...does anyone have a copy of the old firmware 1.06.10 i think it was to install on my scanner?

I've also not had any issues with 1.11.17 as the others have also stated.

If you made any changes in the radio with the keypad and then did a database update and wrote that to the radio, it could have overwrote any changes you had made in the radio with what was stored in Sentinel on your computer.

I always read my radio's into Sentinel before writing any database updates back to the radio unless I know I made a change in the radio that broke something. In that case, I'll let Sentinel erase my favorites in the radio and let it write my last radio read back into the radio.
I once accidently did some permanent talkgroup lockouts in a large trunked system.
Instead of trying to find them all via the radio, I just let Sentinel overwrite that system in the radio as I knew they were not locked out in what was stored in Sentinel. It ended up being some group quick keys that I'd turned off in the radio that were causing me problems.

tonyb48

I've also not had any issues with 1.11.17 as the others have also stated.

If you made any changes in the radio with the keypad and then did a database update and wrote that to the radio, it could have overwrote any changes you had made in the radio with what was stored in Sentinel on your computer.

I always read my radio's into Sentinel before writing any database updates back to the radio unless I know I made a change in the radio that broke something. In that case, I'll let Sentinel erase my favorites in the radio and let it write my last radio read back into the radio.
I once accidently did some permanent talkgroup lockouts in a large trunked system.
Instead of trying to find them all via the radio, I just let Sentinel overwrite that system in the radio as I knew they were not locked out in what was stored in Sentinel. It ended up being some group quick keys that I'd turned off in the radio that were causing me problems.

i made no changes to my settings on the scanner before firmware update that i think would effect it . plus i've updated firmware before with no problems. i don't know what happen some work and some dont now thats all i know. and i let Sentinel overwrite everything and still same results. just seams weird that some quit working right after this update

racingfan360

Copy the bin file to the firmware folder on the scanner SD card. Then unplug or turn the scanner off and back on. Firmware will update automatically.

I'm not speaking from experience here, but as you're regressing a firmware version, you might need to delete any newer version of FW from the firmware folder before you try this (?). I'd try simply adding the older .bin to the firmware folder as above in sibbley's post first though.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'm not speaking from experience here, but as you're regressing a firmware version, you might need to delete any newer version of FW from the firmware folder before you try this (?). I'd try simply adding the older .bin to the firmware folder as above in sibbley's post first though.

No need to delete. The .bin file will take care of everything.

tonyb48

Copy the bin file to the firmware folder on the scanner SD card. Then unplug or turn the scanner off and back on. Firmware will update automatically.

Thats what i thought i will give it a try later thanks

tonyb48

Thats what i thought i will give it a try later thanks

i installed it but didnt make a difference guess they all updated radio's at same time as firmware or something wrong with this thing cause i noticed sometimes it looks like it picking up a signal cause it shows name and full antina signal but no sound :(

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is the "not working" problem specific to a certain type of system, such as analog conventional, digital conventional, analog trunk, digital trunk or simulcast trunking?

For some reason I'm thinking firmware updates may have some impact on digital or simulcast trunked systems. If that's the case, you may "recover" them by changing the Digital Threshold Mode and/or Digital Threshold Level in Sentinel for the affected site(s).

Rather than "rolling back" to an older firmware, I'd think if the specific problem could be narrowed down, it might be informative to us (and Uniden) for future reference.

tonyb48

Is the "not working" problem specific to a certain type of system, such as analog conventional, digital conventional, analog trunk, digital trunk or simulcast trunking?

For some reason I'm thinking firmware updates may have some impact on digital or simulcast trunked systems. If that's the case, you may "recover" them by changing the Digital Threshold Mode and/or Digital Threshold Level in Sentinel for the affected site(s).

Rather than "rolling back" to an older firmware, I'd think if the specific problem could be narrowed down, it might be informative to us (and Uniden) for future reference.

not really sure i know the ones not working are p25 digital but thing is some still work under the trunked system....in the pic. with municipal police high lighted the only one that works now is the one that says point to point is ony one that works there but in the other pic. they all work and look to be the same so i cant figure out why

Attachments

• freq 1.jpg
    freq 1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 961
  • freq 2.jpg
    freq 2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 944

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That St. Louis system is simulcast. Those things can be touchy depending on where you are.

I'd try changing those settings I mentioned earlier for the sites just to see what happens. You can always go back to the original settings if that doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.