SDS100/SDS200: First 4 hours with an SDS100

317scanner

Preface: this is my first post. I have been lurking and searching the forum for weeks there is a ton of information if you take the time to read.
I have been researching for weeks and finally pulled the trigger on an SDS100. I have seen a lot of people complain about this scanner and Sentinel. The software definitely could use a refresh with a modern UI, the mid 1990's are alive and well with this software. I ordered my scanner from ScannerMaster with no programming or add ons. I took me about 3-4 hours of digging through radio reference to find things and then create favorite lists in Sentinel. Without a computer and software this thing would be a nightmare to try and program.

About me: Live in and work in and around Indianpolis IN. I am a media ad sports photographer so having a scanner will be a great benefit.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Try ProScan it is well supported and a lot better than Sentinel, well worth the $50 fee
I second that! I've purchased a lot of software in my days, but ProScan was so good I immediately bought it without even using the trial period. To me an SDS series scanner without ProScan is a waste of my time.