First Energy dba (Met-Ed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Time to do updates, since I have been away on Personal Family Problems.

Durring the TS Lee & Flooding of 2011, I noticed I heard nothing on the EDACS First Energy (Met-Ed) System.

When I ran into a FE/Met-Ed Field Tech, he said that they are on a new system, the portable looks like a Harris Open Sky Radio.

Can anyone confirm that First Energy (Met-Ed) has moved onto the State OpenSky system?

Thanks.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Time to do updates, since I have been away on Personal Family Problems.

Durring the TS Lee & Flooding of 2011, I noticed I heard nothing on the EDACS First Energy (Met-Ed) System.

When I ran into a FE/Met-Ed Field Tech, he said that they are on a new system, the portable looks like a Harris Open Sky Radio.

Can anyone confirm that First Energy (Met-Ed) has moved onto the State OpenSky system?

Thanks.

I don't know about Met-Ed, but here in western Pa, PENELEC (also First Energy) moved to StarNet months ago if not longer now. It's my understanding that they left the Commonwealth onto their towers and in return they received access to the StarNet system.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I was under the impression that First Energy would be moving their subsidiaries over to STARNET at some point. Looks like that is now.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I was under the impression that First Energy would be moving their subsidiaries over to STARNET at some point. Looks like that is now.

All things point to this.... For All the counties they cover in PA, having 1 radio system that can be used statewide by all Field and office units must work pretty good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.