First Energy P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You're certainly welcome, and you did a very good job creating the new page. The initial reason I was editing the TRS' primary-wiki page, was only to apply a new "InfoBox_TRS_..." template that is being tested/deployed, which is not yet listed in the main Templates-List pages.

Many "Research" Wiki pages use the same "<pre>" format style you employed. I think you did very well in creating both pages.

Thanks for all the good hard work!

Wow, the new Infobox is really nice. It drove me crazy that the old one did not provide a field for the WACN, but I didn't want to say anything. And I like how the new Infobox has related FCC callsigns in it. Thanks for doing that!

Mike

QDP2012

Wow, the new Infobox is really nice. It drove me crazy that the old one did not provide a field for the WACN, but I didn't want to say anything. And I like how the new Infobox has related FCC callsigns in it. Thanks for doing that!

Mike

Thanks for the kind comments; I am glad you like it. W9BU, ka3jjz, and others had built the solid foundation of the existing InfoBoxes before some of the recent new technology, like NXDN, TETRA, etc. came into-play here. A while ago, in the Wiki forum, several of us discussed improving the TRS InfoBoxes overall as a whole, and reviewed the new layout/design in-general. W9BU and ka3jjz have been kind and patient in letting me work on this project at my pace. Testing took quite a while. Implementation should go more quickly. Following that will be the documentation-phase, so everyone will be comfortable with the new features of the TRS InfoBoxes.

Thanks again,

BM82557

Here's a dumb question on something I've always wondered about - Why do some of the sites in PA and MD use 173 MHz frequencies?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's a dumb question on something I've always wondered about - Why do some of the sites in PA and MD use 173 MHz frequencies?

I wish I had an answer, other than "because they can". The 173 mhz frequencies they are using may seem to be part of the federal band but aren't. I know, it's just very unusual to see anything up there.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.