First scanner Uniden BC75XLT NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just recieved my first scanner, Uniden BC75XLT, about a week ago and i need help getting to operate it better. Im going to use it for my local fire department and railfanning. If anyone can give me some advice, that would be greatly appriciated. Thank You!

SCPD

QRT
How to get frequencies in my local area? So i guess i am wondering how to program it. I know there are different settings for different frequencies. If it helps at all i live in the south eastern part of Ventura County in California. Sorry for the vage question but as stated i am new to this.

N8IAA

At the top of the page you posted on, is the RR database. Click on it, click on CA, and click on your county. You do have a couple of dispatch for law enforcement that are P-25 digital. The 75 will not receive those in the clear. Other than that, you're good to go:) You'll have to read the manual on how to manually program the 75. I do have the 125AT and use the free software from Uniden. Unsure if they have any for the 75.
HTH,
Larry

nanZor

While looking up discrete frequencies in the database and in threads here, take a look at how to do a "service search" to get some activity going. Start the built-in railroad service search to get in a little railfanning while you are reading up on other stuff!

wtp

now to trannslate

To store frequencies in the first available channel:
1. Press Hold.
2. Enter the frequency and press Hold and Func + Pgm.
3. The scanner alternates between the frequency you are
stopped on and the first available channel number with
no frequency stored. Press E.
4. The scanner is now on that frequency, on Hold with the
Delay function automatically turned on (see page 47).
Press Srch or Scan again to continue.

well that is what is in the manual
it is kind of straight forward,but, a hint Func+Pgm means at the same time
try to put in a couple of numbers and see what happens
if you can't get it please post what the problem is and i am sure someone will help

SCPD

QRT
Thank You wtp, for your help. After scanning\searching my area i have recieved a few frequencies including a major incident around my area.

MzDemoness

You can start by actually reading the instruction manual that came with it. I have the BC125AT and had no trouble operating it within 15 minutes of receiving it and reading the instruction manual. They come with instructions for a reason.

FrankCandor

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden does come with instructions for a reason, but what reason that is - I have no idea. The instructions for this unit barely qualify as gibberish; they presume a level of expertise in Uniden/scanners in general that is absurd for an entry level unit. So far I am less than impressed with whatever team put these 'instructions' together, if not for the helpful and supportive folks here I'd have walked away from my scanner forever. We are all new at something at some point, being unfriendly towards someone who is says nothing good at all about you as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.