FL/System scanning sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus1

I am constantly annoyed by the illogical and non-sequential way the BCD536HP scans thru FLs and Systems. It does all the system 0 s in each Fav List, then all the system 1 s in each FL then all the system 2 s, 3s, 4s, etc.

As each FL is stored in a separate file this makes no sense to me.

This current sequence makes the display jump back and forth between disparate systems in a seemingly erratic way, which makes it very difficult to keep track of where it is up to in the whole scan sequence. And virtually impossible to order your systems in any logical manner.

I would prefer it did all of the FL 1 systems in numeric order, then the FL 2 systems, etc.

As this sequence must be defined in software (not hardware), I would love see an option provided in future firmware to select the preferred scan sequence.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Anytime something really unusual happens, there is probably a very good, but not obvious, reason for it. Most likely Uniden had to do it that way for engineering reasons and to keep "trade secrets" secret, you'll probably not hear any explanation.

While each Favorites List is a separate file, when they are loaded into the scanner's memory and turned on, they probably are all blended together as if they were one "big Favorites List".

marksmith

Once they are loaded to the scanner they are no longer in separate files. The are simply in memory.

The only way to control the sequence is to put everything in one list, or order them across several lists, knowing how the radio loads them.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.