SDS100/SDS200: Flashing Signal Bar with Priority Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff19

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded to the SDS100 last night from my 436HP. So far I'm very impressed (I live in "simulcast land" in Maryland).

I've noticed when I system hold on my local P25 system, the signal bar flashes about once a second. I confirmed that I have priority "off" and weather priority "off". My local system has two sites; but, I tried quick key-off, avoiding, and even deleting the alternate site, but the signal still flashes. What's strange to me is that if I site hold on the appropriate site, the flashing stops. I also recorded the behavior on a P16 system.

Also, if I channel hold a TG, the inverse of the above happens, in which the flashing starts if site hold is on, and stops if I turn site hold off. It doesn't seam to have a major impact, but I notice my data drops out momentarily every ten seconds or so (with full strength reception). It appears the scanner is looking for something, but I can't figure out what or why.

Does anyone know what's going on, or more importantly, are there are any workarounds other than what I mentioned? I can post a video if that helps, but I figure I'm simply missing a setting.

I've noticed when I system hold on my local P25 system, the signal bar flashes about once a second. I confirmed that I have priority "off" and weather priority "off". My local system has two sites; but, I tried quick key-off, avoiding, and even deleting the alternate site, but the signal still flashes. What's strange to me is that if I site hold on the appropriate site, the flashing stops. I also recorded the behavior on a P16 system.

Also, if I channel hold a TG, the inverse of the above happens, in which the flashing starts if site hold is on, and stops if I turn site hold off. It doesn't seam to have a major impact, but I notice my data drops out momentarily every ten seconds or so (with full strength reception). It appears the scanner is looking for something, but I can't figure out what or why.

I would "triple check" to see if Priority w/DND is set

From the manual:
"Priority/Priority w/DND Scan – priority channels let you keep track of activity on your most
important channels while monitoring other channels for transmissions."

Markb

Premium Subscriber
It is a "housekeeping" feature to check location data and other things. There are quite a few posts around the forum that talk about it. I don't recall the particulars, but the latest FW update did something to this feature to minimize its effect (might have been on P25 trunking). You can also adjust the hold time to reduce the frequency of these checks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It is a "housekeeping" feature to check location data and other things. There are quite a few posts around the forum that talk about it. I don't recall the particulars, but the latest FW update did something to this feature to minimize its effect (might have been on P25 trunking). You can also adjust the hold time to reduce the frequency of these checks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes! I remember that now.Here's the post:

https://forums.radioreference.com/t...-go-every-couple-seconds.383827/#post-3076037

There is new firmware that corrects the behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.