FLEET MAP ASSISTANCE FOR 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

Recently picked up a PRO 96. Programmed in the base, offset and space (just like the book instructs). The East Brunswick has the 500 MHz system. Put in all my TG's too. When searching, the scan stops on the system but gives no audio and displays a frequency in the 400 MHz range (like the default). Do I need to punch in the fleet map? If so, where can I find it? RR.com used to have it but no more. If my assumptions are correct, need fleet map S numbers for: East Brunswick, Sayreville, and Old Bridge.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated. :D

FPO703

That system is a Type II system. You don't need any fleet map. Make sure you have the correct base, step, & offset programmed in.

elk2370bruce

Used the current one from here (RR.com). 500.300, 380, 12.5. When I recall the data on the unit, it displays correctly but it doesn't seem to merge. Should display the correvct frequency range. Put in all the control channels (they move around from one to another)Is this a problem that I gotta send it back?

elk2370bruce

Using the RR.com db which shows 500.300 Base, 380 and 12.5. When I recall the info, it shows correctly saved on the bank. Put in all control channels but display is always like the boot default in the 400 MHz range. Left and right hand don't seem to shake. Even tried adding the other frequencies and still no change. Do I need to enter the base (500.300) as a "channel" I assumed that the Control channels were all I needed. Have I got a bum unit? Same problems with Sayreville and Old Bridge (each in a separate bank). Thanks for the quick reply!! Never had this problem with my 95.
Bruce

FPO703

500.300 is the base.
380 is the offset
12.5 is the step.

Make sure you don't have the offset/step reversed.

FPO703

You might want to get the programming cable & Don Starr's Win96 program. I sure as heck can't figure it out. lol
:lol: :lol:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
a problem I had with my 96 on a UHF trunked system was I forgot to set the scanner to a special table. It is easy to do in with the software. Not too difficult in the manual mode. I just don't recall what I had to do. I know there was a post in one of the other threads that told me. Probably the 96 thread a few months back.

I recall instructions in the manual about this as well.

mlevin

Very simple, While scanning hit PGM+TRUNK. Now you're in the TG banks. Hit FUNC+3. Use the up and down arrows until the bottom of the screen says "table" now hit enter. Now you're done, this should solve the porblem.

Have fun with the new toy :)

FPO703

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about anything like that on my PRO-96. Everything here is either Type II or Type IIi 800 or 900 MHz. :)

elk2370bruce

To Moe Levin: Thanks a big bunch!!You hit the nail on the head! Setting to "TABLE" worked like a dream! Thought the system was defaulting to a Type 1 since I could not over ride the S-00 Block definition. Hope your Chanukah is a happy and blessed one. To all the others that helped, my thanks and ther happiest of holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, and Winter Solstace).

Bruce

mlevin

Bruce,

Thanks for the kind wishes. I'm glad everything worked fine. I had the same problem when setting up the DC police system.

On a side note, I once had NJSP set to table and it didn't work. I pulled my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally I figured out it was set to table and switched back to normal. My point is, if for some reason NJSP doesn't work for you, make sure it's set to normal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.