Fleet Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLFINTX

I am putting together the frequencies with Win 97 for my Pro 97 scanner and do not know what to put under Fleet pertaining to Trunking. Where do I find this information?

jerk

JLFINTX said:
I am putting together the frequencies with Win 97 for my Pro 97 scanner and do not know what to put under Fleet pertaining to Trunking. Where do I find this information?
Generally nothing, it depends on the system you are programming and trying to monitor.
So post a location and the system and somebody should be able to help.

Type I systems are rare, those and edacs systems have "fleets." The rest no longer need a fleet map.

JLFINTX

Fleet

Well, I have a Radio Shack Pro 97 and was trying to upload the information to the scanner. I saw the information about presets-Fleet and the options were S00 to S14. I am completely lost on this thing.

I am just not tech savvy enough to how know how to program this thing. I did get Win 97 installed and got the dialog box for input up but don't know on the Channels whether to use AM, FM or MO. I thought it was M because most of these channels are supposed to be Motorolla II but then again, i may not know what I am talking about.

Basically was just trying to program for the D/FW area and have made a mess of it.

Jeff

N1BHH

Don't worry about fleets and that sort of stuff. If a system is Motorola Type I, then you need that stuff. Mostly all the Motorola systems have been switched to Type II and should need no special programming. Just enter the frequencies and enjoy. You should also let folks know your location because the country is big and there are a myriad of systems out there. Mainly military and civilian aircraft are AM, all the rest is FM and if there is a PL, you put that in, if DPL, put that in. MO for Motorola, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.