• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Fleetsync PC-side Protocol Documentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwren

I'm on the hunt for the protocol for implementing the Fleetsync protocol from the PC side.

We'd like to add a frequency-agile receiver using a TK-981 as a monitoring radio on a repeater system. The basic theory is that using some DTMF tones we can command the TK-981 to either a specific frequency (less likely), or a pre-programmed system/group (more likely).

I'm thinking that by using the Fleetsync commands, which surely must allow selecting a system and group, with a small bit of programming, I can translate a set of DTMF commands to the Fleetsync command to change the TK-981's system and group.

Anyone got any information on this?

Thanks,
--jc

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Wow, that's thick to chew on. First off, fleetsync does not allow remote control of the radio ie. in your case change channels. I think I could get you onto a specific group/ channel when fleetsync is received using scan. Other than this channel, how many other channels would you need to go back to? More than one? What controls this radio? Is it for monitoring only or is there a mic hooked up for user transmit.

DTMF will not cause any change in fleetsync parameters, nor are the inter-related. You can only select one or the other for any given channel.

Do you want remote F1/F2 capabilities? This could be accomplished with a outboard DTMF decoder hooked to the DTC input of the radio.

Lots of variables here and no guaranty it will work without testing. I could see a TK-8180 doing this but alas it's not 900MHz.

wizzzard

fleetsync & remote control of radio

Actually, fleetsync CAN be used to control the radio remotely. I use kenwood`s excellent protocol to do all these things and more. Including but not limited to chan change.too extensive to go into here. email me off list. DTMF is not needed

Larry Williams

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
On my 7180, it has a J-protocol checkbox if i remember correctly. It outputs in some proprietary format everything on the display. Sending the proper commands will directly effect the radio, from emulation button presses, data sends the works. Its like having a direct link to the CPU to control the radio. BUT... its not documented ANYWHERE and Kenwood has yet to reply to my emails asking for information. I have tried to decode it myself but it is quite the mountain of data without a direction to go.

wizzzard

Fleetsync protocol

What would you like to know. I have written many applications using fleetsync on the kenwood radios, both for the pc, and using pic micros to talk to the radios. I have the complete docs.

I tried to cut and paste the docs but it wouldn't work. Some of the characters came out wierd.

KC7JKJ

Premium Subscriber
Wizzzard,

You stated above to email you off-list, but I can't locate your email address to do that so I'll post here in this thread and hope you see it.

I'm having trouble getting the radio to comm with the software now - it did initially, but now that I've got each of the radio's ID showing up on each of the radios, it won't connect to the software anymore. You mentioned emailing you for info in your response to a post above, but I can't find your email address here.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It IS possible to control a TK-981 to change the Sys/Grp remotely from another radio with Fleetsync. You don't need enhanced for it to work. If you are still searching for a solution, this is by far the easiest. PM me if you want the info.

KC7JKJ

Premium Subscriber
Solved my original software issue of why it worked before and not now: The com port for the radio acting as the base (connected to the PC) must be set to Data, not Data & GPS output or GPS. I stumbled across this trying to the get the GPS coords to show up in the MapPoint part of the add-on (it never did). The other odd thing I found was when the radio is set to Data & GPS output only, you can't display your GPS coords on the radio anymore.

Now my only residual problem is trying to get the MapPoint part of the program to display the received coordinates.

By the way, all this work is for my local Search and Rescue group's radios and the radios I'm working with are TK-5520-K's.

kc0bqb

Wizzzard,

I cam across an old post about information regarding Fleetsync. Do you still have those documents? If so, do you know if it applies to the newer Tk-5710? Could you send me the any information you have regarding Fleetsync and connecting to PC and/or GPS.

SCPD

QRT
This post is 6 years old. The OP is probably not around so it would have been better to start a new one rather than having to look at a 6 year old post and maybe get the info you needed. It's very annoying when people revive very old posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.