Flex Step Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

com_chaser

Greetings,

Seems with Flex Step enabled, we can change the default step size for each band segment(s) within the Radio's default band coverage.

So for Example:

UHF Band Default: 380-419.9875 12.5Khz FM

Can this be changed to 25, 50 or 100Khz step size?

What about the mode? can we change it to AM?

Why is the Aircraft Band fixed at 8.333Khz? 25Khz is faster for searching...

Thanks.

woodpecker

The band plans are fixed and for a lot of users will be wrong, its ridiculous there's no flexibility, even worse these TRX models refuse frequencies saying they are invalid, in the UK I have an NXDN control channel on 456.596875 MHz which it refuses to accept saying the frequency is invalid so if NXDN ever gets released the only system I could listen to will not work.

These models are just "Mickey Mouse" punch in a zip code and scan, but they don't have a UK database to even do that!

Ubbe

Must be a bug in the flex step function.

The scanners have both 2.5Khz and 3.125Khz stepsizes in other bands and the flexstep option are supposed to give us those choices in all bands. I have tried USA and UK bandplans with and without flexstep and can't see any differencies in the resulting frequency. It's always off by -3.125Khz.

/Ubbe

milcom_chaser

I would encourage you both to let Wendy at Whistler know of the issues your experiencing. Whistler inherited the GRE line of scanners, so your feedback and suggestions will help them get these scanners in alignment with the needs of the scanner community. Here's her email:

wtaylor@whistlergroup.com

jimvm

Step size help

There is a DMR amateur repeater I would like to monitor.
The frequency is 144.9625 MHz. EZscan will not accept it.
Any ideas? I am new to this TRX-2.

jim vm

Status
Not open for further replies.