• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Florida/Palm Beach Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have a scanner in my car?

No, really here's my question:

I have a Motorola JT1000 that has been having display problems that recently got worse. Many missing pixels in lines on the display.

From what I have heard, this is a known defect in the Jedis that Moto is repairing outside of waranty.

As far as I know the fix has to be done at the depot.

Do any of you pros know whether I can send the radio directly to Motorola myself or do I need to use a local shop to do the transfer?

I called Motorola today and was on hold for longer than my patience allowed.

If it needs to be done locally, can someone suggest a good shop in Northern PB Cty?

I think the FSB states only MTS2000's, but I will have to double check that.
RadioOne is in Riviera Beach and they can probably help you.

I have a copy of FSB10051 which expired in 12/07 but I thought that I read elsewhere that it was extended indefinitely.

Covers MTS2000, MT2000, JT1000, and MTX8000/9000.

Can I send a radio to Motorola as an end-user or does it have to go through a shop?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.