Florida Users and Home Patrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McP

I just picked up a Home Patrol in addition to my 396XT & 996XT and trying to get used to it as I learn new things.

Anyone in the Palm Beach, Broward, Dade area using a Home Patrol? I'm curious what your set up is, specifically favorites list.

For example, currently with my 396XT & 996XT, I have Broward County Sheriff's office on SO 0 bank 3. Fort Lauderdale PD is on bank 2. I have Palm Beach Sheriff on S2 bank 1. So on my scanners, I can hit .21 to get right to PBSO and when I am can pick up BSO, I hit 3 or 2. I like being able to quickly access my channels on and off that way.

Right now, on my Home Patrol, I have my favorites lists set up by County. So I have Broward County and that includes all Sheriff, Police, Fire, etc. Then I have another list of Palm Beach County. Having it that way has a bunch of channels to scan. So if I want to hear Ft. Lauderdale right away, it seems more a pain to go find it versus simply hitting "2" on my 396/996XT.

I'm curious how others have their favorites lists to make it easier to get to the systems / channels you want to listen to. I am wondering if it would be better to do a favorites called "Broward County Law" and one "Broward County Fire" and so on. This would put less channels in each favorite list, but it would add more favorite lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.