FMP24/DSD+ Fastlane..no audio out P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
As soon as DSDPlus is started, look in the Event Log window. First line is the Version
DSD+ 2.155 [username/email]

Hmaxim

I am seeing DSD+2.155 but not my username or email..is that normal?

Attachments

• dsdversionsnip.JPG
    dsdversionsnip.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 50

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Look in the DSD+ Event Log Window, the one with the green text, or, just open your VC-DSDPlus.Event file in your DSDPlus directory. Look at the top lines. Should look like this,

Code:
2019/01/31  10:10:34  DSD+ 2.155 / Fast Lane Release
2019/01/31  10:10:34  [Your Name Here  Your Email Here]
2019/01/31  10:10:34  P25 data loaded; 4 networks, 8 sites, 73 channels
2019/01/31  10:10:39  Fusion decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  D-STAR decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  NXDN4800 decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  NXDN9600 decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  DMR/MotoTRBO decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  X2-TDMA decoding enabled
2019/01/31  10:10:39  ProVoice decoding enabled

Hmaxim

My event file says DSD+ 2.145 but VC DSD says 2.155..How can that be?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 31

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, the file is timestamped. So the earliest, first time it was run, is on the top. My bad. After you installed 2.145, did you run dsd? If yes, scroll down towards the bottom and look again for your name and version 2.155. Hopefully it's there.

If you did not run it, just to make sure, you can delete both the cc and vc .event files from the DSDPlus directory. Then run dsd again. It will create new ones. Then view the new .event file again. It should read 2.155

Hmaxim

Yes, just deleted both files and the new ones read 2.155.. but still no audio from the VC.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
1. Determine which audio input device (as reported by DSDPlus) is the one that is your speaker output.

In my example below, my audio output device is #1 (my speakers). So in my VC.bat, on the DSDPlus line I add -o1

If the audio output device that DSDPlus reports as your speakers is your default output audio device (like mine is), you don't have to add the -o1. But I'm suspecting that your default output audio device is not your speakers, and thus you need to manually specify -o# on your dsdplus.exe commandline in VC.bat.

So run dsdplus all by itself, then look in the console for the enumeration of the audio input/output devices. Find the audio output device that corresponds with your speakers. add -o# to your dsdplus commandline in vc.bat based upon there (again, where # is the audio output device is your speakers).

C:\DSDPLUS>dsdplus

DSD+ 2.155
DSDPlus -h for help summary

Appending synthesized audio to file 'DSDPlus.wav'
Current working directory is "C:\DSDPLUS"

audio input device #1 = 'Internal Mic (IDT High Definiti'
audio input device #2 = 'Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #3 = 'Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #4 = 'Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #5 = 'Jack Mic (IDT High Definition A'
audio input device #6 = 'Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers / Headphones (IDT High'
audio output device #2 = 'Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #3 = 'Communications Headphones (IDT '
audio output device #4 = 'Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #5 = 'Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #6 = 'Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)'

audio input device #1 (Internal Mic (IDT High Definiti) initialized #
audio output device #1 (Speakers / Headphones (IDT High) initialized

Hmaxim

How's this look? Still hear nothing...BTW, PC speaker audio is working on any other app, just to rule that out.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 38

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok. Just so I'm clear. I see you have two speaker outputs. #1 and #5. Are you positive that audio output should be directed to #1 (which is likely an onboard sound card and PC speaker / speaker outputs) or directed to #5 (which is a USB audio dongle). Do you have volume turned up on everything?

When you see traffic in the CC-DSDPlus Event Window regarding voice calls, do you also see that traffic showing up in the VC-DSDPlus Event Window as well ?

How about some nice screenshots of all of the windows (command and gui windows) for both copies of fmp24 and both copies of DSDPlus, whilst its actively running and monitoring the Phase II system. And, even better, get those screenshots (or one big one of the whole ball of wax) while there is supposed Unencrypted voice traffic on the system.

Not only are the GUI windows important to see, but also the command windows (esp DSDPlus command windows).

Hmaxim

The USB Codec is a Signalink..I am a Ham radio op and use it for digital modes. PC audio speakers are working just fine..and remember this installation is now on a second PC with exact same results. It is kind of hard to grab all those windows at once..not even sure how I would do that, but I'll try. I am sorry for all the trouble. I have monitored several P25 sites and the only ones I can hear are Phase 1, what is left of them. Any other mode decodes fine as well and no problem hearing them. Maybe everything down here is encrypted, including the school buses, EMS, and garbage trucks..LOL

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would suggest doing that exact screen grab during a Phase II voice call.

I notice that the CC channel display doesn't show a single Phase II RF channel.

Hm, the database doesn't yet list any Phase II talkgroups or site 1.4's current control channel (looks like 852.925)

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8760
You're not replying to the OP, who is not monitoring Suffolk County system. The OP is monitoring systems in NJ, not NY. @dave3825 was posting an example screen grab for the OP to follow; that's what you're looking at.

jets1961

I did run into the no decode problem, in my case I had to hit "p" to change the polarity, in the VC event window I believe. Yea i just tested it it is the VC event log window.

Status
Not open for further replies.