Folsom PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

folsom

I am pretty new to listening on the website and I was wondering if there was any app or software I can use to listen to just one department online. For example, under the Sacramento County Law Enforcement feed if I was interested in just listening to Folsom PD online. Is there any way to be able to do that. Thanks for your help.

Sac916

I am pretty new to listening on the website and I was wondering if there was any app or software I can use to listen to just one department online. For example, under the Sacramento County Law Enforcement feed if I was interested in just listening to Folsom PD online. Is there any way to be able to do that. Thanks for your help.

You are at the mercy of what the feed provider sends out. Their scanner at their home/office is sending out the audio, you have no control over their scanner.

There are programs where you can remotely control a scanner, but this is intended for YOU to control YOUR scanner remotely, not for the public's general use.

There is some fairly new software that allows you to manage the feeds, but not the content provided. ScannerLive

RolnCode3

I am the provider of that feed. I can understand your interest in listening to just your local PD, but I think you would find that Folsom has VERY little traffic - especially emergency stuff - and would be quite boring to listen to. Not knocking the agency in any way - just the way it is.

If you hear a specific incident on their channel that you would like locked onto, send me a message here and if I'm able to do so, would park that scanner on their talkgroup for the duration of the event.

Another possibility would be contacting the agency and inquiring if they would be interested in providing an official feed of just their own radio traffic, as a service to their citizens.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Another option is to purchase your very own scanner. While Folsom PD dispatch does have little traffic, there are numerous other talkgroups assigned to them. Some days those are quiet too, and others it can be busy.

So that you are ready for when the system is rebanded, I'd get a PSR-300, which is the same scanner I use. I got mine from ScannerMaster (link at the top of this page) for $149 including shipping and the AC adapter.

Because of your proximity to one of the transmission sites, you will be able to just use the portable antenna that comes with the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.