For post number 3000, my mobile install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's taken lots of planning and hard work to make this the marvelous installation that is is today. I know most of you will never come close to having something like this, but please try not to be too jealous.

05-11-08_1843.jpg

Sorry guys, I had to :lol:

af5rn

Took me a minute to get oriented to that pic and figure out what was going on. At first, I thought those were somehow mounted/hanging from the seat back, and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out how!

Grog

Banned
af5rn said:
Took me a minute to get oriented to that pic and figure out what was going on. At first, I thought those were somehow mounted/hanging from the seat back, and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out how!

:lol: That's why I left in the cup holders and seatbelt slots when I cropped the pic :D

Grog

Banned
af5rn said:
Doesn't ANYBODY bother to vacuum out their car before taking pics to post here? :lol:

Rubber floormats on a rubber floor. A quick shot with an air compressor hose and I'm done :D Besides, it's a real pickup and not some cotton-candy-a$$ econobox :lol:

Grog

Banned
Grog said:
It's a real pickup

CVPI4Ever said:
Nice!

What kinda car is it in?

It's a 2002 GMC 1500 pickup, 2wd, standard cab with long bed and a fiberglass tonneau cover. I may not be able to carry four people in the front, but I can carry plywood locked in the trunk :lol:

SAR923

I assume you plan to use a massive amount of Velcro to make that a permanent installation? :)

pathalogical

How come they are not wearing their seatbelts ? Isn't that a violation of state laws ??? Every year thousands of scanners suffer from broken antennas, crushed volume knobs and internal electronic injuries as a result of improper seatbelt use. Please, don't let your radios become another statistic.

Grog

Banned
pathalogical said:
How come they are not wearing their seatbelts ? Isn't that a violation of state laws ??? Every year thousands of scanners suffer from broken antennas, crushed volume knobs and internal electronic injuries as a result of improper seatbelt use. Please, don't let your radios become another statistic.

Only one is a scanner, the others can actually take a beating :D

Status
Not open for further replies.