For sale these look good are they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves me, CB in Australia is on the UHF band, not on 27 mhz as it is here in the States (any Aussies here who can correct me?).

That being said, I wouldn't even begin to consider something like this unless I saw it first. No way I would bid on something like this blind. best regards..Mike

LtDoc

I think just from the description that it would definitely be worth going to look at it (if you're with in reasonable distance). All 'good deals' have a 'catch' to them somewhere. For me, the 'catch' would be shipping the thing to the USA! LOL
- 'Doc

aussie cb is fm 5 watts, repeatears allowed, and located near 477 mhz area last i heard. its what our cb here should have been. usa cb should have never been put near 27mhz in am mode totally defeats the purpose of the service, now vhf murs has come real close to what usa cb should have been. but it should have been 5 watts with bases, mobiles, and ht's no limitation on antennas, digital should be allowed although i think it may be on murs, and use of part 90 radios that are capable of meeting the technical requirements should be allowed as well.

but the usa telecom authority the fcc has been screwed up for so long that we are beyond the point of correcting any of this stuff.

k9rzz

Looks to me like a Hygain Hytower *FOR HF*, not for UHF. That is not an antenna on top of the tower, the whole thing is the antenna.

121-2155_IMG.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.