Ford F350 Super Duty install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcm4368

Traded the 2008 F150 for this 2009 F350 diesel. Needed a heavier truck to pull our camper. Wanted another clean install, this truck has factory console which I didn't want to drill, Asked my contractor if he'd be interested in building a console for me, as my fabrication skills aren't the best as a carpenter. I told him kinda what I wanted, and left it at that. He built it from walnut. and stained it to closely match the Lariat 'faux wood". The new console attatches to the factory floor console so there are no holes in the truck when it's time to sell. We mounted a Mororola CM300 and a Cobra CB with weather. Mounted the phone to the side using a pedistal mount I had from another install. Ford makes installs on the new trucks easy with pass through wires on the firewall. Radios are powered direct from the battery. Lights are operated via factory upfitter switches....no need to install relays as this truck is equipped from the factory. Antennas are mounted on the bed rack taken and modified from the F150.

Attachments

• 100_0941.jpg
    100_0941.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 39,220
  • 100_0935.jpg
    100_0935.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 13,767
  • 100_0945.jpg
    100_0945.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 25,835
  • 100_0946.jpg
    100_0946.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 18,422

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Very nice install. Nice to see an M800. I currently have a back-up truck and miss my M800. I use it more than my BB when working! Hardly use the privacy handset but it does come in handy when I donot want my assistant hearing phone calls. You have one of the nicest installs I have seen on the boad to date.

tcm4368

Thank-you! I have several of the M800's. One in each Kenworth, one in storage as they are getting hard to find! and one bag phone model. This truck has SYNC which is really slick....My fiancee's Blackberry pairs up with it everytime, but my old RAZOR has trouble. I still wanted my permanent phone as it works better in rural areas. You can search for our other installs on this site. 2006, 2008 Ford F150, and Kenwprth trucks. I have a friend that helps me and we honestly probably could make some extra cash doing this as we no longer have a two-way radio shop in town.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

The M800 handsfree is one of the best there is. The company is moving away from them and going to BB and I refuse to give mine up. We recently had distracted driver legislation and I am glad I have my M800.

If I lived near you I would pay to have you guys do an install in my truck.

tcm4368

Thanks...I was impressed too! He's done quit alot of work for me on my home, so thought I'd ask him on this project. I basically drew a plan as to how I wanted it, and said "I 'd like this equipment to fit in this space". He took it from there. He didn't itemize it on my bill, but I'm sure this was much cheaper than buying a pre-made one. Plus it just "looks right" in this truck.

CanesFan95

I have that same Cobra CB with an Aries power mic that works pretty good. The front speaker makes a for an easy install! My only gripe is that the channel knob is too loose and the channel gets changed on accident if you bump into it.

tcm4368

Here's a pix of the outside showing antenna placement

Attachments

• 100_0954.jpg
    100_0954.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 18,897

CVPI4Ever

Sexy truck!

My Stepfather-in-law recently bought a red 2008 F250...beautiful. He traded both NOPARs for it (A Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Ram). He loves it.

I love how they made use of the factory upfitter switches!

tcm4368

My last two F150's had been purchased new. (special ordered the 2008) We started camping and purchased a 29' Excel 5th wheel. The F1 handled it ok. I spotted this diesel on my dealers lot and traded for it. I know the original owner who ordered it, so I knew it wasn't abused. This one is just like I'd order anyways including the color, I decided our budget didn't dictate a new one at $63k and this gently used one works for us. It's even loaded alittle harder than our 2008 was with Nav and overhead DVD, (which is a favorite of my 5 yo. daughter) We've been pleased with the truck, and you're right the upfitter switches make things very easy. Check out our install on the 2008. We speant alot of time making wire harnesses and mounting relays under the hood for the lights, etc. On these trucks, it was a matter of hooking the lights to the blunt wires on the firewall, and connecting the appropriate switches. We used the Aux 1 and 2 for lights, Aux 3 is the ign sense for the phone and radar detector, and Aux 4 is for high idle.

Trent

Your truck

That is one awesome truck.I looked at this install before but that truck is sooo cool I had to look again.
You could probably rip a tree down with that baby!

tcm4368

Thanks....it pulls pretty well....just purchased a 2008 Cooper Canyon 31 ft. 5th wheel, so we can't wait for camping season to start. It's a mid profile trailer, and the truck doesn't even know it's there. This is more truck than required for the trailer, but by the time we load 5 of us in the cab, and hitch the boat behind the trailer we'd have been way over weight for our F150.....I'm glad we bought it! You can never have enough truck. Folks ordered a 2011 F350 with the new Ford built diesel, and it'll run circles aound this one....very quiet and better on fuel too. I can't complain though....this is a huge step up from what we had!

Just sayin'

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but there's a tiny speck of dirt on the brake pedal.

Other than that - PERFECT!

I'm not much of a truck guy, but she's a real head-turner. Nice!

My rides always end up looking like the Mercury One space capsule inside, completely with re-entry damage on the outside.

Drive safely.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Very sharp! One question, why the cover on the minibar?

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.