• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ford plans new police model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Great! Just GREAT! Try to log onto the site and I get a notice that, and I quote:

Article Not Available

The story you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site.

Anyone have another article link of just plain link to this info? Yeah... I *do* know that it is `old' news but I usually just stick around in the `local', or at least local to me, forums and only occasionally slide down the the `Tavern' when I'm waiting for other things to load. (That's what one has to do when one only has a 26.5K dialup connection. And... *Don't* get me started about *why* I don't have some sort of `broadband' connection I've been try for one for going on now over *6* years!)

CrabbyMilton

While FORD is my first choice brand, the idea to discontinue the CROWN VICTORIA/GRAND MARQUIS is not a smart one. FORD does deserve praise for not taking bailout money and still making money, alot of the big three's problems stem from spending tons of money to displace proven products. The new TAURUS does indeed give a great first impression on all levels but it will never take the place of my beloved GRAND MARQUIS in my heart when the time comes someday to replace it. Granted, alot of railroad people hated the idea of diesel replacing steam but who can argue that diesel is much better? Or jet powered airliners compared to piston power? But police agencys want and need proven platforms and don't have time to putz around with unfamiliar technolgy when they are trying to catch the thugs.
Maybe the problem in the world is too much change and not enough tried and true. Maybe I'm too much of an "old geezer" trying to hang on to the old ways sometimes but I do come around over time. :)

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Also of note. The Ford Taurus models have been used in law enforcement by many agencies for a long time now. Mainly smaller agencies like say, the US Federal Gov?? WEG A lot of College Police Dept's. The Taurus was first introduced in LEA to be an secondary choice about the same time the Chevy Lumina was being offered to LEA's. At the community college I attended, they used Taurus's as the primary patrol vehicles after replacing an 80's model CV. The coolest looking one they had was an SHO model. The reasoning was the lack of need for an high powered pursuit vehicle, and the better gas mileage the Taurus had at the time. The Taurus lost favor in many agencies during the late 90's because of issues with the factory paint jobs that peeled off in two lovely strips in a very short time, as as well as the introduction of improved CVPI's with better milage and options, and the Chevy Impala's rebirth. Never sure what happened with the Lumina line from Chevy, think its discontinued????

Status
Not open for further replies.