BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Forestry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
All:

After looking through previous forum posts, it appears that Virginia Department of Forestry is mostly on the Virginia STARS system. Is that correct? Are there any other current frequencies that Forestry is using that are NOT trunked? I am programming a 436HP for someone and they want it in their scanner. Just trying to double check before I put it in their scanner.

W4UVV

The short answer to your question for DOF using only STARS is "Yes" and move on. However, FYI over the past 10 years VITA has renewed many statewide expired DOF frequencies and where appropriate, applied for new licenses for original DOF analog licensed frequencies which were not used for STARS site's installations. Best guess was the licensing renewals/new licenses efforts were for possible future contingency use purposes in case DOF had to revert to analog ops.

I have not monitored any DOF non-STARS comms within my monitoring area in central VA. However, in other parts of the state, most likely in the west, there might an analog operation.

John:)
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.