Fort Detrick Fire Station Fire Out Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephdurnal

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I don't - but curios, what system do you listen for them on? I've just gone through a reprogramming on my scanner and trying to decide if I should put the Fort Detrick site on the Joint National Capital Region system in my default scan list for the Frederick Area.

josephdurnal

Premium Subscriber
Co 50 units were dispatched this morning and I got a recording from the Frederick County Fire Dispatch Talk Group. I can't precisely measure the tones. I got tones around 350/2637 & 350/602 - if anyone has any tools for measuring these things in an MP3 file - I can send it your way, it doesn't allow me to attach an mp3.

gesucks

Co 50 units were dispatched this morning and I got a recording from the Frederick County Fire Dispatch Talk Group. I can't precisely measure the tones. I got tones around 350/2637 & 350/602 - if anyone has any tools for measuring these things in an MP3 file - I can send it your way, it doesn't allow me to attach an mp3.

‎Radio ID

works great, Just play the tone and the phone will listen and decode. or hold phone near speaker of scanner and will decode live. Also works on phone while phone is live streaming in background

palmerjrusa

Sorry, I don't - but curios, what system do you listen for them on? I've just gone through a reprogramming on my scanner and trying to decide if I should put the Fort Detrick site on the Joint National Capital Region system in my default scan list for the Frederick Area.

I monitor them on the JNCR system from the Fort Detrick site. It was the only site that registered any activity when I analyzed each site on my scanner so I set all the other sites to "avoid" when scanning. Most of the fire-tones are listed here:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Frederick_County_(MD)_Fire

All the Frederick fire-out "A tones" are 358.9 Hz, it's the "B" tones that vary.
Some of the tone sets listed in the above have no corresponding name in the accompanying table so I was wondering if one of the sets belongs to Fort Detrick.

Do you know what Fort Detrick's station number is?
It could be one of the unnamed tone sets listed.

I can program my Uniden scanner to identify fire-tones that are associated with a specific frequency. I have 32 sets programmed, the max possible.

josephdurnal

Premium Subscriber
I monitor them on the JNCR system from the Fort Detrick site. It was the only site that registered any activity when I analyzed each site on my scanner so I set all the other sites to "avoid" when scanning. Most of the fire-tones are listed here:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Frederick_County_(MD)_Fire

All the Frederick fire-out "A tones" are 358.9 Hz, it's the "B" tones that vary.
Some of the tone sets listed in the above have no corresponding name in the accompanying table so I was wondering if one of the sets belongs to Fort Detrick.

Company 3 units were also sent on that call so that is probably the second one I listed. I don't know much about these tones, but, something like 2637. There are probably standards, so, something close to that. I'm just looking at an equalizer display in the MP3 player to come up with that. There seems to be an app for iOS that can tell you what the tones are if you play them to your phone, but I have an android.

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
Company 3 units were also sent on that call so that is probably the second one I listed. I don't know much about these tones, but, something like 2637. There are probably standards, so, something close to that. I'm just looking at an equalizer display in the MP3 player to come up with that. There seems to be an app for iOS that can tell you what the tones are if you play them to your phone, but I have an android.
Hey Joseph, I was the one to upload the station tones into the wiki and I will try my best to get the station 50 tones for you, and anyone else who wants them, within the next week when I have some time.

palmerjrusa

Hey Joseph, I was the one to upload the station tones into the wiki and I will try my best to get the station 50 tones for you, and anyone else who wants them, within the next week when I have some time.

Thanks for uploading those station tones.
Do you know what Fort Detrick's station Company number is?

Status
Not open for further replies.