Fort Worth Fire on FWRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I already know that Fire1 is dispatch, response and at time Locution, 2 & 7 are fireground channels, 3 & 4 (I think 3, I know for sure 4) are medical call channels and 5 is the major Accident channels for the Fort Worth Fire Department.

I am trying to make a favorites list for night that is just my Locution and Fire 1 and all of the fireground Fire channels for Fort Worth for my night mode playlist so I will only hear dispatches and working fires or dispatched fires and possibly major accidents. Does anyone know what all channels Fort Worth has fires on and major accidents? If possible, I'd like to know what all the channels are, in case I hear something on a new channel I've never heard like I did the first time I heard a fire on Fire 7 and so I can set my LED lights to the channels on my 436

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nd5y

Does anyone know what all channels Fort Worth has fires on and major accidents? If possible, I'd like to know what all the channels are,

All of their KNOWN trunked talkgroups are listed at
Fort Worth Regional Radio System Trunking System, Tarrant, Johnson Counties, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
There may be other frequencies or talkgroups that they can use that are not in the database.

They also probably have some (or all) of the 700 MHz and 800 MHz national and state interoperability channels listed at
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Common/Shared_(TX)
Common/Shared Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Under Fort Worth on the Tarrant County database page there are three 800 MHz simplex fireground channels
Tarrant County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Which are Texas interoperability channels 8TAC95D, 8TAC96D, and 8TAC97D.

Last edited:

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
This is based on my listening experience – not anything official that I’ve seen or heard. To accomplish what you want, you could probably just program them all in (Locution, 1-13) and leave out (or avoid) channels 3 & 4. Fire 1 is a general comm channel – Locution is heard on 1 but often it’s walked on. Most of the time units respond, arrive on scene and conduct on-scene activities on their dispatched channel, but often they will “get available” on 1. Channel 3 is fairly broad – some medical, but also brush fires, vehicle fires, commercial alarms, etc. Channels 6-13 are like overflow when there are multiple major structure fires (usually on 2) or multiple vehicle accidents (usually on 5), or for extraordinary incidents (emergency landing at Meacham, landing zone for Careflight). Occasionally on a large working fire, they will set up a second channel for staging – so they may be using both 2 and 7. I hear reference made to one of the simplex channels occasionally (14, 15, 16), but that’s more of an exception than the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.