Fort Worth NAS P25 380 TRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Confusing is not the word for it. From what I've seen it all depends on your location on what TalkGroup your going to pickup during call outs. Unitrunker will be able to answer the questions on the patch. The 28481 will be the local Fire Dispatch channel for FW. Even though you heard radio checks for Key West, Panama City, that was the RDC. What they do is patch to all the local channels during callouts. But you will also just hear local fire dispatch on the 28481. Does that make since.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Confusing is not the word for it. From what I've seen it all depends on your location on what TalkGroup your going to pickup during call outs. Unitrunker will be able to answer the questions on the patch. The 28481 will be the local Fire Dispatch channel for FW. Even though you heard radio checks for Key West, Panama City, that was the RDC. What they do is patch to all the local channels during callouts. But you will also just hear local fire dispatch on the 28481. Does that make since.

Thanks Dan.

28481 is patched to 29802 according to Unitrunker
Also, 28476 (encrypted) to 29810

Tom, I haven't been able to grab the NAC yet, from home.

wise871

Database Admin
I believe your local channels will all be 284XX. Problem is the RDC numbers are different everywhere.

Last edited:

ki4wbn

Jim,
I sent you a PM Friday along the same lines. Over here at NAS Corpus Christi, I'm hearing NAS Whiting Field dispatched at well.

wise871

Database Admin
When it comes to Fire Dispatch it's getting to the point I don't know who is who or who is patched with whom since it's all done at the RDC. Funny thing is you will hear local fire chatter on the fire dispatch channel one minute and then you will hear another base being dispatch on the same channel when RDC does it.

AA5ST

Tom ND5Y and the group

I am getting NAC 140 on the Control Channel. I am only
10 to 15 miles away from Fort Worth NASJRB so I can
run Unitrunker or Pro96Com if anyone needs me to.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
Azle, Texas - Parker County

jasday

Is there anything special I need to do to monitor a 380 P25 system, ie band plans? I'm using a pro 106 and 996xt. I didn't see anything that would apply in arc or butel. The pro 106 is getting a control signal as it's showing a decent strength in north FW.

nd5y

P25 trunked systems broadcast band plan info on the control channel. Most scanners get the band plan from the control channel. A few older RS scanners need tables. I don't know if the PRO-106 is one of them. As far as I know all Unidens that have P25 trunking don't need tables. You only need the control channel but it doesn't hurt to program all frequencies in case the control channel changes.

jasday

Thanks Tom, that's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something different with the DOD system even though it was a P25 system.

nd5y

The only thing is if it is a Harris system like Ft. Sill and Ft. Hood then it won't list alternate control channels. Any channel in the system can be a control channel so you would need to program all of them.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I put the following band plan in, and it seems to work.

Base 380 Spacing 6.25
Base 406 Spacing 6.25
Base 762.00625 Spacing 6.25
Base 851.00625 Spacing 6.25

tg 29847 seems to be the Tower channel for coordinating ground movements

wise871

Database Admin
I put the following band plan in, and it seems to work.

Base 380 Spacing 6.25
Base 406 Spacing 6.25
Base 762.00625 Spacing 6.25
Base 851.00625 Spacing 6.25

tg 29847 seems to be the Tower channel for coordinating ground movements

Do they use a certain name or just tower. What your hearing is Tower on the LMR Net.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
"Navy Tower" usually. The signal is not a lot better at my work location, so I may not be much help. Unitrunker has only found 18 talkgroups after a day and half or so. I've only heard voice in the clear on a couple of them.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Do they use a certain name or just tower. What your hearing is Tower on the LMR Net.

Dan, for clarification what does "LMR" stand for? Land Mobile Radio, Lockheed Martin something, or something else?

Still only a couple of clear talkgroups heard so far.

Thanks,
Ben

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
LMR stands for Land Mobile Radio ;)

I thought that's what you meant, but since Lockheed Martin is across the runway, I wanted to make sure.

I heard a few more talkgroups in the clear during some training the other day. I could not ID them specifically, but one of these is probably "Tac 5" for fire 29811,29812,29826.

Status
Not open for further replies.