Fort Worth NAS P25 380 TRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I haven't seen anyone post this but yesterday I was monitoring the United States Department of Defense (BEE00-14C) system from Florida and they were dispatching Fort Worth NAS Fire from the South East Regional Dispatch Center at NAS Jacksonville FL. I was just wondering if anyone in that area has picked up the new 380 system around Fort Worth NAS. They were pretty busy. I logged around 83 transmissions that day and surprised no one has mentioned or submitted the information.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen anyone post this but yesterday I was monitoring the United States Department of Defense (BEE00-14C) system from Florida and they were dispatching Fort Worth NAS Fire from the South East Regional Dispatch Center at NAS Jacksonville FL. I was just wondering if anyone in that area has picked up the new 380 system around Fort Worth NAS. They were pretty busy. I logged around 83 transmissions that day and surprised no one has mentioned or submitted the information.
It would be out of range for me over in Dallas. The base is on the northwest side of Fort Worth.

Maybe a few of our Tarrant County members will give it a shot.

jasday

I believe.....the dispatching is done by VOIP. I work for a Fire/EMS dispatch center around the metroplex and remember getting an email about this several years ago. I had programmed in the bases Type II system: Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base Trunking System, Fort Worth, Texas - Scanner Frequencies and have never heard a peep out of it so I took it out, never thought about programming in the 380 system.what site would I need to look at?

nd5y

They could just be remote dispatching using the existing NASFWJRB trunked system.

If they have a new 380 MHz system there then it will not be in the database until somebody finds it and submits the correct info.

Search the 380-390 MHz range in 12.5 kHz steps and see if you hear any new control channels.

jasday

I gotcha. I don't know how active it is, I don't recall ever hearing anything from the fire tgs. Ill program everything that is listed, this week, to see if it's active or not.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I tried a search, with no results, but that was expected. At home here in Dallas, I can't hear the existing system even using the rooftop antenna, just too far away. I only pick it up when in, or passing through, Fort Worth.

jasday

So is the base system active as listed. I think I may have it programmed as a analog system and that's why I never hear anything.

nd5y

It used to be very busy during they day. When I was working in Ft Worth several years ago I used to listen to it at lunch sometimes. I don't think I ever identified the fire talkgroup. I don't know if what is in the database is still current. There are a lot of talkgroups I could not identify that are not in the database. See the associated wiki article.

Last edited:

redhelmet13

wise871

Database Admin
I live about 6 miles or so from KNFW, I am hearing a CC on 381.975
SYSid 14C

That's the correct SysID. I have the Regional Dispatch Center Talkgroup ID, 28835. As soon as someone picks up Fire dispatch I'll match it against 28835 to see if this was the RDC Patched ID or actual KNFW Fire Dispatch ID. Did you get the tower ID?
Happy hunting on the new discovery.

Last edited:

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I put a Yagi on the 396XT, and am receiving the control channel better now. It shows site 0240.

Thanks for the heads-up Dan. That probably explains why I haven't been hearing FWNAS Fire on the other system.

Last edited:

jasday

What are you using to decode the system Ben? I've never done it before, but am interested.

Dan,

How does the dispatching work with the regional dispatching. The DB has the southeast as 28995. Are they dispatched and then go to their own specific base talk group or do they stay on the regional tg, so we could be hearing all the others that are dispatched by the regional dispatch centers.

Last edited:

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
They just did a fire station radio check on 28481, and were calling Key West, Panama City, etc. This is going to be a very confusing system to monitor. I wonder if there is a list of the unit numbers and what base they belong to.

nd5y

Thanks. I was just curious if they were using any of the same frequencies as Fort Sill, Fort Hood, or Dyess. It looks like a few are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.