Fort Worth PD will switch to P25 system 01/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Dallas Police operate on conventional repeaters which gives them some functionality you don't get with trunked systems. Dallas likes to talk simplex on the repeater outputs. That's where all this chatter occurs and there is a lot of it. You just have to be in the area to hear it. It gets very interesting at times.

Russell

Some departments I'm use to the dispatcher or sargent willl broadcast over the radio street perimeter on robbery or B&E calls.

Ohers use computer.

When it comes to MVA calls ,shooting or stabbing calls patient update is none over radio well more patient update is done on cell phone because of all the privacy act laws.You know if it is life threatening injuries or not but that is all.

When I was in Dalls I never hear patient update on MVA calls ,shooting or stabbing .

Also I never hear street perimeter on robbery or B&E calls.May be that done over computer or they just drive around the area looking for mad guy.

When came to active shooter or person with gun , I never hear Sargent say like other departments do not approach the area to I get there and back up.

You will hear when they have the guy and every thing is okay they will get on the radio and ask other units to down grade to code one.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
After seeing all of the "E" designators, I am starting to think Ft. Worth needs to give their officers CPZ for their pervasive paranoia. The number of encrypted channels is just ridiculous. The rest of the system is looking very nice. Thanks to the persons involved in submitting all of this information.

Onward through the fog.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Anyone planning on doing a FWFD feed on the new system? Someone had one up for day but took it down right away

jasday

Give me some time to get moved out north. I do have good reception in my truck. My dad will be putting up a tower, I'll add onto it and try to get a feed going. It's funny that moving out into Denton Co, in Ponder, I have Great decode. But in north Fort Worth, it's horrible.

jmayne

While using my Homepatrol-1 I can typically pick up the new Fort Worth fire traffic but sometimes it just all goes quiet, no dispatcher, nothing. I am in sw Fort Worth just south of TCU and I have seen discussions of some locations having difficulties locking on to one of the transmitters when in between two. Does this seem like a probable cause for the silence? Does anyone know if the new Uniden scanners would receive the traffic more consistently given the same antenna, cables etc.? I apologize in advance if there was a better place to post this question. Thanks.

Jim

jasday

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the FWRRS Layer 2? I was driving to work this morning and noticed FWFD was receiving perfectly fine with no issues.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
No, actually, I'm having to re-position my yagi. Maybe they tweaked something.

Eric61

I believe they are using even numbered TG's between 6086 and 6146 with fire at the low end of this range and PD Primary on 6118, PD Talk 8 on 6146 and COPS on 6138

nightwolfone

Forest Hill

I have a GRE PSR-500 and live in Forest Hill, TX. When I try to pickup Forest Hill or FW FD they ether don't come in or the come grabble. What I did not know is it the scanner just wont pick the up good or is it something else? I programed with yells info. I did not know if the Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP would work any better just wanted to make sure it would be worth it before spending that kind of money if it wont be any better. Any help would be helpful and thank you for all the help.

DFD1994

Fire Photographer
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been able to pickup TCU PD in all the migration? I was told by a few people that they had not followed FWPD to the encryption side of things but all the database info I have seen still has them on the old system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Check out 6824 on Fort Worth Regional Radio System Trunking System, Tarrant, Johnson Counties, Texas - Scanner Frequencies. The old analog system is off. I think almost everyone who was on that, is now on the digital system.

Has anyone been able to pickup TCU PD in all the migration? I was told by a few people that they had not followed FWPD to the encryption side of things but all the database info I have seen still has them on the old system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.