Fort Worth RRS - Question (Layers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unit47Tango

On the Fort Worth Regional Radio System page, I know many of the agency talkgroups show what layers and systems they are on, but there are some that dont, and I was wondering if anyone had that info.

For example:

"Fort Worth Emergency Operations Talkgroups" does not show a layer, and for the back-up talkgroups

"Tarrant County Higher Education Talkgroups" TCU/TCC does not show what layer

"Forest Hill Talkgroups" does not show a layer or system

"Kennedale Talkgroups" does not show a layer or system

"Pantego Talkgroups" does not show a layer or a system, I assuming they are the Arlington system

I know Crowley is on FW layer 1 even though it doesn't show it on RR.

Thanks in advance for help on this thread

Dan

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking, even number talkgroups are on Layer 2(and their backup on Layer 1), and odd numbered talkgroups are on Layer 1(and their backups on Layer 2). Crowley is an exception.

Forest Hill, FW EOC, Higher Education, even number stuff on Layer 2, backups on Layer 1.

Bedford, Colleyville, Netcom, Grapevine, Southlake, Westlake, etc. are on the Netcom site/layer.

Arlington, UTA, Pantego, and DWG are on the Arlington site/layer.

Irving on Irving, Johnson county stuff on Johnson county, Grand Prairie on Grand Prairie, etc.

There are backups on other sites scattered about the system.

The interop and hospital talkgroups can show up on any of the sites.

Some talkgroups, like Mansfield fire are on both the Mansfield site and Fort Worth Layer 2.

Kennedale is on Layer 2, but they're also dispatched by Mansfield, so you need to listen to Mansfield as well. I believe the Kennedale talkgroups might come across the Mansfield site, but I can't hear that one well enough to verify.

I hope that helps, and makes sense.

Last edited:

Unit47Tango

Thanks Ben. I wasn't aware of the "even/odd#" format. I will give it a try. And yes, I was hearing Mansfield PD and FD TG ID's on Layer 2 this evening. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.