Forums Searching Disabled from 8/27 - 8/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Sometimes I shake my head in amazement at some of the assertions people make around here. :roll:

I agree. Seems like the ones complaining are none subscribers. Your always going to have a few who are never going to be happy regardless what you do.

When a natural disaster normally happens many systems become overloaded, Internet, Cell Service, Radios, Telephones, etc. This is just the nature of the beast. All the above mentioned have to make adjustments to keep their services running do to the fact we as people have become so relied on real-time information and technology. Even if were not in the affected area we have to desire to know what’s going on. If one system is down, then go to your backup plan. Complaining about limited or no service is not going to resolve anything. Be thankful that were still able to monitor what is going on. If your using this site as your primary source for information on what truly going on because you have friends in the area, then I suggest you call those folks or better yet, turn on the TV. Radio Reference is a site for radio hobbyist to talk and share their experience about radios, not the Emergency Management Center. Be thankful that Lindsay provides the additional services we have currently.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Two events recently have both caused problems for the site. I even asked about it a few days back and got snark from a Mod for my question.

Definitely seem to be reliability issues. Thankfully I don't use it for anything more than curiosity.

You didn't pay attention and formed your own conclusions. The Earthquake caused a db crash then we were hit with a large influx of people looking for live streams shortly after. I would love to see you build a site like this and have 100% uptime.

Sometimes I shake my head in amazement at some of the assertions people make around here. :roll:

I was just thinking the same thing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.