Found On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
landonjensen said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Shack-Air...QcategoryZ40979QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

isnt this kind of a big antenna to have on a scanner? you might as well get a whip right?

It looks like the aftermarket antenna that Radio Shack sells. I don't have one, but I have read that they work pretty well.

Kind of big? How do you define what's too big? I have a few rubber ducks that are bigger than that one. I usually don't walk around with large antennas on my belt, however. In general, large antennas are better for weaker signals, but not so good if you want a low profile while out in public!

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
I have one of those antennas on my Pro96 and it works fine. I think it only looks big because it is on a smaller scanner.

However, that guy says he spent $25 for his. I remember only paying about $15 or $16 for mine.

Woodstock

I believe that is the 'deluxe' antenna from radio shack and it sells for $20 currently. I have one that I use on my Pro-97 and it is better than the stock antenna in my opinion.

cristisphoto

Woodstock said:
I believe that is the 'deluxe' antenna from radio shack and it sells for $20 currently. I have one that I use on my Pro-97 and it is better than the stock antenna in my opinion.
YEP
I third that it is most likely that "deluxe",
That being said,
Well DUhh of course the reception is going to be better
than your stock..
It why the stock is a stock
And the others are around $20 to $50 At least...
Anyways
Not flamin just saying
Regards
Crista

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Keep in mind, too, that the seller said he has primarily used the scanner for monitoring the air band. No doubt the longer antenna is better tuned for that frequency range than the stock antenna. It wouldn't be the ideal one to use if you primarily monitored 800 mHz systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.