• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

FOX news - hilarious gaffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I was half-watching the FOX news ticker of the Miss. vote, and almost lost my dinner on a statement that was referring to Senator Obama; it said that some voters had some doubts that 'B.O.' had the qualifications to be a leader. :D

Doesn't FOX ever proof its copy before it's sent on the air? Someone oughta give the copy editor a slap on the side of the head. That's the sort of stuff that comedians like George Carlin would make up, not a news organization (no matter what you might think of it...)

What a dork! 73 Mike

XTS3000

Doesn't surprise me, FOX is slanted to the right. Just watching FOX is enought to make me hurl!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ka3jjz said:
I was half-watching the FOX news ticker of the Miss. vote, and almost lost my dinner on a statement that was referring to Senator Obama; it said that some voters had some doubts that 'B.O.' had the qualifications to be a leader. :D

Doesn't FOX ever proof its copy before it's sent on the air? Someone oughta give the copy editor a slap on the side of the head. That's the sort of stuff that comedians like George Carlin would make up, not a news organization (no matter what you might think of it...)

What a dork! 73 Mike
Ok, think about your statement. Fox News is notorious for its conservative slant :) I'm a republican, I don't mind it - but I recognize it. Just like other news media always put the liberal slant on things. At any rate, somebody probably did proof it (or at least think about it before they said it) and decided what the hell rofl.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
XTS3000 said:
Doesn't surprise me, FOX is slanted to the right. Just watching FOX is enought to make me hurl!
Just like watching just about any other news medium makes me hurl. They are all slanted one way or another. Fox is the only place for us conservatives to go to listen to something positive about our candidates.

I can certainly do without Nancy Grace though - that broad is somethin else. I hurl every time I hear her open her mouth.

Alan Colmes looks like Beavis or Butthead 20 years later.

Mike

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Has Nancy Grace moved to FOX? I try to avoid both her and Fox News like the plague, so if they're together, I'll be happy.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ibagli said:
Has Nancy Grace moved to FOX? I try to avoid both her and Fox News like the plague, so if they're together, I'll be happy.
Oh ok, no she hasn't. I had a brain fart. No, she's all yours buddy. Enjoy.

M

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Joy... I don't watch CNN-HN either. I try to avoid all of the 24 hour empty fests.

bpckty1

I wonder if the person who wrote the copy thought that the reporter would know that the "B.O." was shorthand and would "fill in the blanks".

So much for assumptions.
;^>

I wonder, after all is said and done, if this clip will be at, or near, the top of the company's Christmas Party video.

key2_altfire

That's nothing compared to the Shepard Smith gaffe. He was probably over-anticipating what was coming from the teleprompter and said "blow job" instead of "block party." I guess he saw the letters B-L-O and assumed it rhymed with the rest of the sentence? Anyway, transcription taken from: http://caviardreams.org/fangirls/shep/

"J.Lo's new song 'Jenny From the Block' all about Lopez roots, about how she is still a neighborhood gal at heart, but folks from that street in New York, the Bronx section, sound more likely to give her a curb job than a blow job or b-block party. The New York post...whoops, sorry 'bout that slipup there. I have no idea how that happened, but it won't happen again. And that's your news."

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
bpckty1 said:
How can you not watch Glenn Beck?
Very, very easily. I watched him a few times and then I realized that (like Nancy Grace), he was TV's equivalent of a forum troll.

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
Fox news maybe slanted toward the right but CNN CBS has fallen not slanted to the left them two are a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.