France proposes 144-146 MHz for Aeronautical Mobile Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Proposals like this come up all the time.
Often it'll aim to take a bite out of existing allocations for different radio services, not just amateur.
Sometimes it's because those making the proposal don't understand.
Other times it's because they do understand, and they are taking a shot at low hanging fruit, knowing it'll get shot down, but will have a secondary proposal. Sometimes it looks better if you give a few options.

That happens at work, proposals get made knowing they'll get shot down, but it makes it easier for the other options to get "sympathy" approval.

I'd not get up in a froth about this.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Also, its France pushing it solo, not the ENTIRE EU on the bandwagon. If the entire EU was pushing it, then I would kinda wonder whats up.

W5lz

The keywords in that is "possible", and "unlikely". It's -possible-, true. It' just not very likely. If 'they' put in a little thought on the matter I think 'they' would throw out the idea with the trash.

Last edited:

royldean

The keywords in that is "possible", and "unlikely". It's -possible-, true. It' just not very likely. If 'they' put in a little thought on the matter I think 'they' would throw out the idea with the trash.

Yep, I agree. I think this is more than likely just the regulatory agency in France "throwing a bone" to industry in order to say "hey, we did our due diligence - sorry but you can't have that bandwidth..... it would cause too many problems with the rest of the world." Of course, BS walks and Euros talk, and there is always room for corruption.....

majoco

Stirrer
How do they propose to force any and every airline that passes over France that they have to fit either another radio with its associated antenna, controller and selector panel at goodness knows what cost in downtime as well as components?

"You wanna fly to Paris? Air France desk is over there - yes I know that they are much more expensive. We can get you to Heathrow or Gatwick - we have a special offer for you on the Eurostar ....."

nd5y

The proposal was removed.

k6cpo

How do they propose to force any and every airline that passes over France that they have to fit either another radio with its associated antenna, controller and selector panel at goodness knows what cost in downtime as well as components?

"You wanna fly to Paris? Air France desk is over there - yes I know that they are much more expensive. We can get you to Heathrow or Gatwick - we have a special offer for you on the Eurostar ....."

The proposal was being pushed by a French company that manufactures drones. They wanted the frequencies for UAV operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.