Franklin County - Motorola p25 Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3DMV

New County System

Was looking at info on the FCC Site today and noticed the license for the new system (WQIB664)
now has an attachment with it. Looks like the county has requested additional frequencies (Tactical) to
complete the system build out. The letter indicates they were unable to obtain frequencies in the
450-470 Mhz band and have requested additional frequencies in the UHF T-Band. After months of waiting,
the commission has failed to respond.

It also indicates that Motorola (The equipment supplier) will not provide their equipment until the frequency
issue has been settled.

You can view this letter by visiting the FCC license site, click on Admin tab, and scroll to the bottom of
the page, and click on "Attachments"

The license still shows "FB2" repeaters and no indication of a "Trunked" system...

n3zai

Premium Subscriber
I caught a P25 transmission tonight on 460.6000. In the fcc database it is listed to the Franklin County District Attorney's office. It appeared to be conventional in nature. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this. I at first thought it was a new frequency on the West Virginia radio system but hear references to Cedar Street and Southgate shopping center. I have added this into my list of priority channels and hope to hear more.

dmyers1980

The county just received the freq applications back from the FCC today. Look like they will be transitioning to the new freq in two months. They are now at least dispatching out of the new center starting today.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
It's up and running. The current control channel is 495.6 and the system ID is 394. No talkgroup activity heard as yet.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
It's up and running. The current control channel is 495.6 and the system ID is 394. No talkgroup activity heard as yet.

Thanks for the heads up. Loaded my 2096 and am running Pro96com. I guess we will now just have to listen and wait.

W3DMV

Big article in todays Public Opinion. Don't understand why it would cost that kind of money to program a radio. It takes me a half hour to do the first radio, and even less after that. Someone is gonna make a lot of money for that mistake ! ($400,000) Perhaps the facts in the article are incorrect...

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
To those who are in the county. Co-worker said they are to be testing the system this week. And the system is to be complete by end of March 2012.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
Countywide police on ID 10 (45.62mhz, 460.525 mhz). Heard enc on ID 11. Other ID were 12 and 404. System sound very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.