Franklin County Snow Plows (Natch!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasMcKean

News says 100 snow plows are out and yet I am not hearing a thing. What gives? Was I given incorrect info? My scanner does seem to be working....

mmartinfan

Banned
Snow plows dont chat alot outside of the typical hillbilly chatter for the state plows.
County is out I've seen them all day hitting areas.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They don't use their radios much. I have heard city crews advise dispatch when they have completed a route and the amount of salt used. The routes are all numbered and don't provide conditions, street names, or routes. This is probably the most boring service to monitor.

ThomasMcKean

I finally heard it around 9:30 this evening. It was just as yew said. Talking about how much salt used and such. Back in VA where I just came from, it was much more exciting!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I finally heard it around 9:30 this evening. It was just as yew said. Talking about how much salt used and such. Back in VA where I just came from, it was much more exciting!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Yep, when I lived in SW Ohio years ago they would discuss road and weather conditions and you could pickup some very valuable information if you were planning to venture out. Especially with the hilly conditions in that area.

j0atm0n

Premium Subscriber
They sure are active tonight :p
I think we should start a game of rate the odot district on radio traffic quality ..
so far i would give:
a F to D1 Allen county ( tg 53249 ) for excessive foul language and smart remarks.
a B to D7 Shelby county (tg 53378) for good jokes and witty replies.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
They sure are active tonight :p
I think we should start a game of rate the odot district on radio traffic quality ..
so far i would give:
a F to D1 Allen county ( tg 53249 ) for excessive foul language and smart remarks.
a B to D7 Shelby county (tg 53378) for good jokes and witty replies.

I would have to say district 6 is the most professional. Not much joking around and everything is straight to the point, I do listen to all 12 districts though and each is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.