Franklin county

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCFire11

I've been playing with the PRO197 all weekend. Heard nothing on our system(to be expected with it being the weekend I guess). I guess I programmed it correctly, ive got full signal strength during wildcard search.

VIPER is pathetic, I know I did something wrong there, Ive had two talkgroups pop up the whole time(NCSHP C4 and Vance fire)

mhodgson

VIPER and Franklin County

I've been playing with the PRO197 all weekend. Heard nothing on our system(to be expected with it being the weekend I guess). I guess I programmed it correctly, ive got full signal strength during wildcard search.

VIPER is pathetic, I know I did something wrong there, Ive had two talkgroups pop up the whole time(NCSHP C4 and Vance fire)

You must not have something programmed correctly....since VIPER coverage if anything is even stronger in Franklin County now that Louisburg Site is now operational. That brings the total number of sites in the county up to four, Margaret, Louisburg, Youngsville and Hosley Forest...not to mention Wake Forest to the south, Little River to the south east, Manson and Oxford to the north and north west respectively, Brinkleyville to the north east and the new site at Nash DOC to the east...amongst others....

M

reconrider8

try programming in a few of the sites and see what that does i have like 10 sites programmed in even tho i dont pick them all up in one spot when i travel i pick up more and more as i go

NCFire11

I live about smack in the middle of the louisburg, Margaret and hosley forest sites.

I just programmed in the louisburg sites. perhaps program in them all? on the same tlkgrp system on the pro197 or as each site as a separate system?

when I did have a hit on the louisburg tower it was excellent, C4 has apparently switched to digital already

mhodgson

C4 Digital

I live about smack in the middle of the louisburg, Margaret and hosley forest sites.

I just programmed in the louisburg sites. perhaps program in them all? on the same tlkgrp system on the pro197 or as each site as a separate system?

when I did have a hit on the louisburg tower it was excellent, C4 has apparently switched to digital already

Yes, C4 and all of Troop C are digital....as are A-F....G will go on June 18th and H on July 2nd....Troop Mutual Aids are all still analog....only the District and Common 1/Common 2 changed for now....

M

NCFire11

CC only?

I have tried several ways, dont seem to be picking up much,

I have tried programming it as:

CC only from the 4 VIPER sites: Youngsville, Louisburg, Centerville(hosley forest) and margaret.

Ive also tried to program ALL frequencies associated with all four tower sites.

I'm getting a few talkgroups popping up but it mainly sounds like garble/perhaps data noise.

I've used VIPER plenty...programming it is not as easy for me, however.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
So just fill in the following frequencies from the FCC license?

151.1525 75W
151.2200 75W
151.2800 75W
155.4300 75W
156.0525 25W
156.0750 25W
156.1050 25W
159.2550 25W

The license has them listed as different wattages, does this mean anything significant?

The 25 watt ERP frequencies are the repeater inputs. The 75 watt ERP frequencies are the repeaters' output limits.

The "units" information also confirms the same. There are 650 units licensed for each 25 watt frequency, and just 1 radio per site licensed for the 75 watt frequencies ... as shown in the FCC ULS.

Unless something changes with the license, 1 of the 4 frequencies licensed for 75 watts should always be the control channel, and the other 3 frequencies licensed for 75 watts should be the voice channels.

NCFire11

I ran the system over Pro96com,

It lists 151.2800 as the control channel(duh) and 151.1525,151.2200, and 155.4300 as alternates.

One thing that confuses me is that 155.4300 is the current Franklin county sheriff dispatch channel. Obviously it cannot be used as both.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Can you email me the Pro96Com file to me when you get a chance? That should have all the system parameters so we can get a listing started in the database. Thanks!

NCFire11

Email address?

EDIT: For some reason it wont let me save a file after I run the program.

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
trumpetman at radioreference dot com

You should be able to click file and click save system info and it will create a folder in the Pro96Com directory named after the system ID.

NCFire11

tried several times, the program seems to capture the data fine, but will not save it.

NCFire11

update:

All mobile M7300s have been installed in fire apparatus, ems trucks, and police/SO vehicles.

All base station radios have been installed in the fire departments, police departments, and rescue departments.

The Franklin County 911 center has been remodeled, With the stuff for the new system installed. The operators have begun training on this equipment.

Coverage testing is set to start July 1, and expected to be completed the first week in August,

They hope to throw the switch on Sept 1.

Squad101

Do you know if all the sites have been activated? I am having a hard time monitoring the cc from Wake Forest and I can't understand why. Even when I am in Youngsville,Bunn, 98Hwy & 401Hwy intersection area, coverage is not all that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.