Franklin Lakes PD now digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff026

Feed Provider
Cool. I believe NAC 293 is the default Motorola NAC code, many APCO 25 ham repeaters use that because its the standard from what I remember.

Actually 293 is like the carrier squelch of NAC codes. In the early versions of the astro saber RSS NAC 293 would put the radio in to Digital Carrier Squelch, letting the radio here any digital transmissions regrdless if the right NAC code was programmed.

when you program and Astro Saber or XTS3000 for Digital Carrier Squelch it defaults to NAC 293.

Newer ASTRO25 radio's use F7E as the default for digital carrier squelch of the "hear all NAC".

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74854&p=343704&hilit=NAC+293#p341170

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Thanks the for the clarification. I thought 293 was the NAC variant of CSQ, till I looked the Wiki on here and it said F7E was the CSQ type NAC. They are using XTL2500s and XTS2500's for radios in Franklin Lakes.

1075EL

Premium Subscriber
Yes they do use it trust me I know. I am a volenteer FLFD Member. We share many of our fire frequencies with Wyckoff since Wyckoff is a Nortcon HQ.

If you are a member of the flfd than you shouldnt have to ask these question about if the fire department is going digital or other question about the radio systems.

bill123456789

If you are a firefighter in Franklin Lakes, you probably would know that before any of us since the radios for the PD are installed in Fire units.

Yeah but those only have the main CH they dont givve us their F2 I also asked around and there is a CH 2 but nobody knows the frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.