Free ARRL Ham Radio License Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaesuFan2012

Yep,

If you join ARRL and use the promo code: PRO you'll get a free ARRL License Manual Technician (2nd Edition) and it's a $29.95 value.

Joining ARRL is $39.00

https://www.arrl.org/join-arrl-renew-membership/

So, you're getting a membership, textbook, their monthly magazine, membership card, printable certificate, and such for about $9.00!

Best deal going, plus it supports a great organization!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Some hams are just anti-ARRL. I will be the first to admit that the ARRL doesn't always do things to suit me. But they are still the only voice that amateur radio in the US, as a group, has in Washington.

But, this thread should not be about the ARRL. If you want to join and you want the license manual they are selling, this sounds like a good deal.

K9WG

W9RXR is correct. There are several organizations that I do not agree with everything they do but I will support them.

Heck, I don't even agree with W9RXR all the time ;)

jaymatt1978

I joined when I first became a ham and found the magazine was valueable but with recent financial problems decided to drop it. I know about the "life memberships" I wish they consider if you were a member for 25 years they offer Life Membership at no cost

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I hate to hijack this thread, but the ARRL Life Membership is a pretty good deal if you get in on it early in your ham radio career.

ARRL Life Membership is always 25 times the current regular member annual dues. Currently, it's $975. Once you become a life member, you will never have to pay ARRL dues again. But, here's the interesting feature of becoming a life member--you can pay for it over time. The ARRL will accept quarterly payments until the life membership is paid for or for 2 1/2 years, whichever is less.

I signed up for ARRL Life Membership about 10 years ago soon after the ARRL Board announced a dues increase. I think it was $850 back then. Worth the money, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.