Free Computer Aided Dispatch Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

A lot of times i like to log calls, keep track of what units are working.. etc.. Normal scanner junkie activities ;)

Does anyone know of any free CAD software to download. I did find a couple but they don't seem to work..

Maybe I am missing it.

Or does anyone have anything they use to keep track of stuff :)

stevelton

Are you wanting something that is automated, where it does it even if your not in the room?

Or something that you can use while sitting at scanner listening, where you type in the information yourself?

Or county sheriff dept. doesnt use any kind of special software to track units status or log radio traffic. They just use Microsoft Word, and type in the information manually, the EMA and our ARES dispatch does the same. In our ARES dispatch, I use Openoffice instead of Microsoft, only because it does the same thing, but its free.

Steven

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
As great as CAD software is for those who utilize it, I feel it is overkill for us scanner enthusiasts simply b/c of all the features the software offers that we will never use! I think that a simply excel document would do you the same things that you're looking for, and even be easier for you to customize.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I have to admit I never even thought of doing this until I just read it. Many years ago I used to use a notebook and do it by hand and recently have just done some spreadsheets in OpenOffice. Might be something I can use to play around with at times when nothing is going on. Of course I have a Mac so I'm sure none of them will work for me. :p

Andrewc65

CAD Software

Hi all,
I work for the San Diego Police Department. We use the ALEIR (aleir.com) free CAD software. We linked it to our network and we use it in all of our cars and Dispatch consoles. This works great. I installed it on my personal computer and it was kind of hard to install. I LOVE this software to use for work and for scanning. It works great. It also has a reporting module for officers that I use on and off duty. Thank you for the suggestions. Have a great Martin Luther King Day tomorrow.
- Andrew C.
Officer
SDPD

sleible

Here is a CAD system I made using Access 2010. It will only work with Microsoft Access 2010 no earlier. I have yet to try open office, if you have it let me know if it works with this.

Just save it to your desktop or network if you have multiple workstations. Double click on it, when it opens there will be an enable content option, make sure you do this. Once that is done login with the following login, username: DISPATCH password: POLICE. They have to be capitalized.

It is all yours to experiment with, it is very simple. Click incident to add a call. The call will update in Unit Status and the Reports section. In Reports you can click on a call on the bottom of the screen and file the report for the call.

It is not too in depth of a program considering I am just out of highschool, but I saw your post, just hoping this could help. Let me know your opinions.

Here is the database to download....
COMPUTER AIDED DISPATCH.accdb download - 2shared

Just click the blue download then save it to your desktop, and begin call logging.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM I would be more than happy to help.

Sean C. Leible

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
The trial version of Rad Software's 911CAD would do basic incident entry & have a working unit status board you could update... you just couldn't use all the full version features like RMS, access level control, statistic tracking and other stuff. The free features were good enough to use for a private security company I was working for at the time. The last time I used it DOS was the operating platform though :p ...not sure if the current MS Windows trial version will be as useful.

911CAD

10-53

ALEIR is awesome and simple

ALEIR is a great system that is extremely easy to use. The download process what a bit confusing and I called the company to assist me and they were helpful. It is perfect for small agencies or scanner junkies!

griffinks

Help

ALEIR is a great system that is extremely easy to use. The download process what a bit confusing and I called the company to assist me and they were helpful. It is perfect for small agencies or scanner junkies!

10-53,
Was the download and install process complicated? I can't seem to get it to work.

10-53

The download process was an all day process. I called them multiple times and received adequate help. Not very friendly people, but they got the job done. It has some very realistic features though. It is worth the time in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.