Freescan Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
My brother obtained a second hand BCT15X and is currently using Freescan. He wants to group the precincts to our police department together so he is able to them at once. How would he go about this using Freescan?
Thank you one and all for the help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're going to have to be a lot more specific about which system in LI he wants. Too many folks assume the 15x can handle digital systems, and it can't.

Be that as it may, our wiki has an article (links are always in blur) with links to everything you need to get started. In addition, at the very bottom are links to the Easier to Read guides, and we have a link for FreeScan's user guide, which is also hosted here on our wiki...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Thank for the response. In this case it would be Suffolk County which already has programmed. But he is to create a list ( or group as he calls it) exclusively for the police precincts and a couple of other talkgroups.
I tried to encourage him to look into the BCD536HP ( which is what I have) since it was capable of picking up digital systems. But do to budget constraints he settled for the BCT15x. Since I am not familiar with how Freescan operates I am at a loss in how to guide him and that is why I came here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You should send him here, frankly. No offense, but 2nd hand help is often very difficult, as things get lost in the translation

There are no 'favorites' as you have in the title. He needs to create a group under the Suffolk system, then associate it with a group quick key (GQK). By default, FS has all of the GQKs turned on.

The FS user guide has a great deal of detail on this, as does the Easier to Read guide. Both are linked in the article I supplied. If he has other questions encourage him to come over here. There are a lot of folks here that can help

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.