FREESCAN - problems uploading trunked systems to br330t scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanesce

I am a relatively new user to the scanning world, but pretty decent with computers. I have a br330t scanner connected via serial to the computer, using freescan 0.8 release.

The problem is, I can't seem to get it to upload trunked systems to the scanner. It will upload the conventional systems to the scanner just fine, but skips the trunked ones. It doesn't even give an error about skipping them, it just completely ignores the trunked systems i'm trying to upload.

I did some searches, and did some basic troubleshooting like making sure nothing was locked out etc..

Does anyone have any suggestions? Does the upload of trunked systems to a br330t simply unsupported in 0.8? Thank you :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When you went to the upload screen did you make sure you checked the trunk systems you want to upload, and decide whether to do a 'replace' or 'add'? The 2 options work very differently, and 'replace' seems to be the default. That has caught me more than once.

Please post all version .8 incidents and questions to the FreeScan forum, which is on the same site as you downloaded. Assaf is there much more frequently than he is here 73 Mike

evanesce

ka3jjz thank you for your reply. I did look on the other forums for a solution, and found you cannot search unless you register. I registered but he has it set to manually approve all regisrations before you can search.. A bit of a hassle to search for information I know..

I did try both those options you mentioned, ended up deleting everything out of the scanner while trying too. It almost seems that it's just not compatible with the cr330t completely.

I also noticed there's no place to input frequencies for any system other than conventional in freescan. I wonder if that's part of the problem.

evanesce

While i waited for a response... I did a little playing around, and uninstalled 0.8 and instead installed 0.7.

0.7 works when uploading trunked systems. So it must be a bug in 0.8. I hope this information helps the author further develop his software. When I do have access to his forums, I will also post it there as a bug in the new version. Thanks!

evanesce

cpuerror, nope, I know that this scanner is not digital and did not attempt to upload a digital trunking system to the scanner. In fact I made several test trunking systems in 0.8 to see if any of them would upload. Not one did but the conventional systems did upload.

Note that when I downgraded to 0.7, it DID upload correctly, and i've been enjoying the ability to program my scanner with the computer ever since :)

Thank you for the suggestion anyways of course..

rvictor

I also noticed there's no place to input frequencies for any system other than conventional in freescan. I wonder if that's part of the problem.

I'm using Freescan 0.8 for trunking systems and have no problem entering frequencies. When you create a new trunking system it creates the system, an initial group, and a site. If you select the site, there are three tabs, one of which is for entry of frequencies for the site. As I understand it, it is done this way so that the software can support scanners that recognize multi-site systems.

Dick

evanesce

I just wanted to add here that there is something very wrong with freescan 0.8 combined with my BR330T. It has some sort of bug with trunked systems. It likes to erase the contents of my scanner with the trunked systems and not replace them with what I have in freescan.

Freescan 0.7 does however work perfectly, and I can live with that honestly, but I'd like to work with the developer of freescan to resolve this but can't seem to get him to approve my forum membership application. It has been a few days since I applied to his forums and still have not received a reply.

cpuerror

I just wanted to add here that there is something very wrong with freescan 0.8 combined with my BR330T. It has some sort of bug with trunked systems. It likes to erase the contents of my scanner with the trunked systems and not replace them with what I have in freescan.

Freescan 0.7 does however work perfectly, and I can live with that honestly, but I'd like to work with the developer of freescan to resolve this but can't seem to get him to approve my forum membership application. It has been a few days since I applied to his forums and still have not received a reply.

You should be able to login, I approved you right away.

rbm

It has been a few days since I applied to his forums and still have not received a reply.

Even though the first email said that you would receive another once you've been approved, the second email didn't arrive. I could still log in though.

Rich

cpuerror

I changed something regarding this in the version, give it another try and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.