FreeSCAN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

Sounds perfect for me... I see a ST2 in my future. May have a problem attaching a pole that long though. Is there a concern with wind I should know about?

I wouldn't worry too much about the wind, unless of course you get really strong wind gusts.
Mine has been through at least 30-40mph gusts with no problems. I'm sure it would handle higher than that if it came to that.

I have a picture here showing the chimney mount with a 10' pole attached to that. The lower element is probably 4'-5' above the metal roof. Doesn't seem to affect the reception in any way. I used the RG6 coax cable that came with it, and again no problems there.

EDIT: Seems the picture doesn't want to upload. I'm not sure what that's all about though!

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I know I said that I don't give up easy, but this is insane. I received my new antenna today. Tried to plug it in only to realize it's the same durn antenna as one I already have that won't fit. Apparently they are the correct antennas for my scanner (male connectors) but the scanner needs a female connector....possibly an upgrade or something. This new ant. was purchased from BearcatWarehouse.com and they didn't have one with a female connector that will work. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Ok, I know I said that I don't give up easy, but this is insane. I received my new antenna today. Tried to plug it in only to realize it's the same durn antenna as one I already have that won't fit. Apparently they are the correct antennas for my scanner (male connectors) but the scanner needs a female connector....possibly an upgrade or something. This new ant. was purchased from BearcatWarehouse.com and they didn't have one with a female connector that will work. Any suggestions?

I may missed it,but what scanner do you have?

And can you post a link to the antenna you bought?

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
That antenna fits your radio, the antenna has a male connector and the radio a female jack. If I remember correctly it's a tight fit, but that's the correct antenna.

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is suppose to be the correct antenna, but it won't work. You know, the rubber ducky antenna that came with the scanner has a female connection that fits fine.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Yes it is suppose to be the correct antenna, but it won't work. You know, the rubber ducky antenna that came with the scanner has a female connection that fits fine.

Can you take a picture of the back of your radio and post it here?

Something isn't right, that's the correct antenna for the BCT15X...unless it's been modified or has some sort of adapter on it.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Let's do this.

Does your antenna connector on the radio look like this?

Attachments

• Ant.jpg
    Ant.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 195

RonnieUSA

The antenna connector on that radio is very tight fitting, and can be hard to get on, and off.
Just keep trying.
You have to line the notch up just right before it will go on.

Last edited:

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much Ronnie. The devil pin is out and I'm getting reception. This will end this posting. Thanks everyone else that has tried to help me. Much appreciated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.