Freq / Ops "Occupy Wallstreet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

one11sgt

The detail operates on Citywide 1 which is part of the above feed. I was thinking about temporarily changing one of my NYPD feeds to a dedicated Citywide 1 feed, but after considering it further, I've decided for Officer safety reasons, not to do so.

Last edited:

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Happening now: Armed bank robbery @ Capital One Bank 277 Broadway, male Hispanic, 5'9" blue jeans, white shirt, tan blazer, armed with black handgun, was given a die pack, running on foot.

maalox

1 5 7 police preceint 476.5625 pl 100 downtown alliance wall street patrol 471.5875 pl dcs 131 and cw1 470.6875 pl 100 emcomm welcome

Last edited:

one11sgt

Once again, the detail operates on Citywide 1. Zone 1 may have some 911 calls. Citywide 3 is the traffic agents and cops doing traffic control. The Police directly dealing with the protestors are on Citywide 1.

Tac-1

Wall Street ops is on Citywide One 482.6625 / 470.68750
channel is open for all traffic right now (sun 0700hrs ) it will be closed for Wall st when ops is active

Tac-1

one11sgt dont think Officer safety is a scanner problem its not a swat or undercover ops the officer safety problem is protester rushing the barricades and resiting arrest dont think the protesters are listing to feeds or scanners as they march the police are very visible and are not saying anything thats a secret
to anyone its basically a big crowd control operation

one11sgt

I understand but sometimes they stage and give direction to the detail officers over the air prior to engaging the crowd. They pre plan and try to anticipate the crowds movement. I wouldnt put it past these people to listen or have someone listen and let them know what the police are planning. Most of their motives are good, but there are always a few whose sole purpose is to instigate the police.

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
I would not be surprised if a few of them have scanners on site and are relaying the PD traffic to some of the higher up's amongst the protestors. I would be interested in listening to a live feed though on whats going on over there. I am over here in Ohio. I see though that the protesting has spread all over the US. Heck in the little town of Findlay,Ohio there are even people organizing in front of the court house. I see nothing wrong with what they are doing, so long as it's civil between the protestors and the police. If there is a decision to post a live feed someone PM me. That would be interesting to listen to.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
A lot of the people in these groups aren't as hardcore as they would have you believe.....they go home to shower and change and other needs that have to be addressed. Here in Boston, the protesters are having a problem when they return to their tents after having been away for a while. The local urban outdoorsmen and women have found the vacant tents most accommodating, as they are usually well stocked with sleeping bags and food. It's turned into a squatter's rights issue.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
With the mayor commenting that the activists are costing the city in pd ot, there will be a crack down soon, and no amount of monitoring will help the demonstrators because thoes orders won't be broadcast!

emcomm

Saturday night right now 2150, it seems they are working on three separate fronts, Liberty (Zuccati) Square, Washington Park and the swelling Times Square. Everything is being played out on:

Citywide 1 470.6875 (or if you are in Staten Island or South Brooklyn / the rebroadcast on 482.6625)

emcomm

New York City, the largest city in the Western Hemisphere, is also the easiest to monitor with a scanner--for the most part--but when tactical comms are needed, one lieutenant can always call the other on the ......cell phone. And, they do.

But in all seriousness, tonight the command center and people at the captain and inspector level were giving out phone numbers over the air - not cool when you have the flea party watching/listening.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like a great way to have numerous numbers pranked. You would think that they would send that information over a MCT unit, or at the least send the information with encryption. I can almost bet that a lot of the protestors have scanners, Or are in connection with people that do.

Probably is a great way to have numbers pranked.....also a great way to obtain the phone numbers of those doing the pranking to obtain wiretap warrants. Last time I checked, prank phone calls were a form of harassment, a misdemeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.