• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Frequency ctcss help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

asensibaugh87

My company has a license and repeater for a frequency for our entire workplace. My question is we would like to have an additional channel for my department but someone told me if we add an additional channel with a ctcss code for tx and rx we would be able to communicate without interference with our main channel. Is this true without interfering or being in violation of fcc. I am in security and we share one channel with other department making some communications difficult without everone hearing. If you need more info please ask.

nd5y

If somebody told you that you can do that on the same frequency at the same location without interference they are wrong.

You can have two "channels" on the same frequency at the same location with different tones. The two groups of users on each channel will not be able to hear the other group. It will work fine until somebody on each group tries to talk at the same time, then you will have interference. There is no way around that.

Last edited:

asensibaugh87

The only problem is im told through fcc we cannot get an additional frequency due to limited frequencies available. This info is through our vendor bearcom

lmrtek

Yes you can in fact run multiple different tones on the same repeater which can enable several departments to use the same repeater.
All the radios have to be programmed for busy channel lock out.
I have several small business repeaters operating just fine this way.
It all depends on how much talking activity there is on the repeater.
If idle chit chat is eliminated and you don't have alot of users, it can work fairly well

Voyager

someone told me if we add an additional channel with a ctcss code for tx and rx we would be able to communicate without interference with our main channel. Is this true without interfering or being in violation of fcc.

To avoid interference you need a different frequency. (or convert the entire system to TDMA)

Every frequency must be FCC-licensed.

So, you need to add another frequency to your license then use that. Try to get one in the same band as far away from your existing frequencies as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.